Deluxe Figures: Second Wave. Detailed Pictures

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Hey guys,
I was able to hook up with the these figures recently and as soon as I was able to, I got some pictures for you. These figures should start to hit retail at anytime now so keep your eyes peeled for this second wave of extra accessorize characters.
Out of this two new sculpts Leia with Sail Barge Cannon definitely takes over the long awaited Amanaman. Leia comes packed with a nicely detailed cannon with two firing projectiles. The cannon can be raised or lowered easily as well as the targeting rangefinder on its side. Leia can be securely mounted on two pegs which are part of a pivoting platform attached to the right side on the cannon.
Princess Leia herself has a very close resemblance to the previous POTF 2 "Slave Leia" figure with the difference the new version features life-like hair, cloth skirt and "real" chain on her neck. When compared to the previous Leia slave, the new sculpt of the princess is about two quarters of an inch smaller and she has also been enlarged in certain parts; lets just say she could easily find a job at "Hooters." Leia with barge cannon is a nice looking set with very minor disappointments.
The long awaited Amanaman figure really took me by surprise with its lame accessories and unbalance.
The sculpt of the figure, indeed looks great but the poor quality of the plastic used for its staff as well as for Salacious Crumb leave a lot to wish for. The plastic is extremely soft in nature, therefore the staff is easily found bent out of shape inside the package and even after being taken out will not straighten out. I saw 4 of these figures and only one had the staff properly shaped, though I kept it.
Salacious crumb also suffers the consequences of poor quality. The soft plastic also used for salacious inhibits him from standing up. both of its feet point up thus when trying to stand him, he falls on its own weight. The tail on this court jester is smaller than the previous one offered with Oola.The longer tail on oola's salacious crumb serves as good support to keep the figure standing and its tail can also be rotated. The lack of this feature on the new sculpt only increases more the problem given by the soft plastic used for his sculpt.
Finally Amanaman's grip on its right hand, the one to hold the staff, is way to big for the size of its staff, as a consequence of this, the staff wobbles within its grip and makes the figure fall forward. I would recommend anyone getting this figure to use a "Real Stand" to take care of the situation, if you don't I can guarantee a very frustrating session of "ups and downs" trying to get the figure to stand up.
As with Leia with Barge Cannon the overall look of the figure is good but I guess it is like someone once said: "It's the little things that count" and the little things here are indeed counting.
One last thing. Leia's number on the back of the card is: 6080250300, consider it a .0300. Amanaman's number is:6080250200 or a .0200
Here are the pictures. Enjoy

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
AMANAMAN FRONT VIEW

Attachments

• deluxe amanaman front view.jpg
    deluxe amanaman front view.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,029

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
PRINCESS LEIA FRONT VIEW WITH FORCE PIKE

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia front view with pike.jpg
    deluxe princess leia front view with pike.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 935

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
PRINCESS LEIA BACK VIEW WITH PIKE

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia with force pike back view.jpg
    deluxe princess leia with force pike back view.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 926

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
PRINCESS LEIA SIDES VIEW WITH FORCE PIKE

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia with pike sides view copy.jpg
    deluxe princess leia with pike sides view copy.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 897

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
PRINCESS LEIA WITH SAIL BARGE CANNON "CLOSE UPS"

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia close ups.jpg
    deluxe princess leia close ups.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 894

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
DELUXE SALACIOUS CRUMB AND OOLA'S. COMPARISON SHOT, FRONT VIEW

Attachments

• deluxe salacious crumb front view.jpg
    deluxe salacious crumb front view.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 877

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
DELUXE SALACIOUS CRUMB AND OOLA'S. COMPARISON SHOT, BACK VIEW

Attachments

• deluxe salacious crumb back comparison.jpg
    deluxe salacious crumb back comparison.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 856

Talon

New Recruit
Cool pics Ishi!!

I hope to get a hold of these two soon myself. Would you consider them to be better than the Deluxe Luke and Maul? How would you rate them in comparison to each other?

Man, I really need to get some new figures!

:rockon:

Redleader

New Recruit
Is Salacious Crumb a totally new sculpt? I didn't think it was but ti looks a bit different, especially in the back. Great pics! Can't wait to get these guys!

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Hey Talon and Redleader,
I would rate the second wave in comparison to the first one as far as design is concerned, equal. Indeed both waves have very nicely sculpted characters and as looks go, they both look great.
My deception with the second wave of deluxe figures is based on the poor materials (plastic) used to accessorised Amanaman, which in fact should had been the most meticulously crafted one, being a fans choice figure.

Amanaman looks great, don't get me wrong, but the whole package could had been thought out a little better. Its hand grip as aforementioned is way too open for the thickness of its staff, therefore he cannot hold it securely. As the staff wobbles and leans toward the front, the figure looses balance and falls. Second of all the Salacious crumb packed with Amanaman, leaves you wonder why they went so cheap on the materials used.
As far as design, when compared to the one packed with Oola, they are both the same; same size, same pose. The differences are on its tail and a lighter color for the deluxe one.

The Salacious Crumb packed with Oola features a rotating long tail at its base which supports the figure, making it remain standing and its legs were built out of a stronger type of plastic.
The Deluxe Salacious Crumb lacks both of these features. Its tail, as can be seen in the pictures above, has been glued onto its body and has been shorten. Its legs and ears are built out of such soft plastic as the one found on the exploding battle droid which came packed with the playset, perhaps even softer. The Deluxe court jester presents such weak legs, they do not support the weight of its body and its tail lacks the ability to support him.

In conclusion, both waves of figures are up to expectations but the Amanaman set, as a whole, leaves you with a feeling it could had been done better

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
PRINCESS LEIA WITH SAIL BARGE CANNON

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia angles copy.jpg
    deluxe princess leia angles copy.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 360

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
DELUXE PRINCESS LEIA WITH SAIL BARGE CANNON. CARDED FRONT

Attachments

• deluxe princess leia carded front.jpg