Darth Skellington's Collection 2.0

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So I finally finished printing backgrounds for the cases...and then I forgot to post pics :p So..here is teh finished product....albeit not the best photos glued together :( You get the idea though. This holds all the overflow figures that aren't in dioramas already. Except for that pile of ROTS figs I've since acquired.

Attachments

• sw case final.jpg
    sw case final.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 672

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
That looks great Skell! I really like all the backgrounds you used on those shelves. Nicely done!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
darthskellington;75416 said:
Thanks! :D I'll have to post some updated pics. For the most part it hasn't changed much.

it has just gotten bigger...and bigger...and bigger...the SW collection offically seeped out of the SW room and into the other rooms after CIV.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Made a few updates. I pulled the Padme figures out of my wall cases so we now have a small Padme-centric display near the computer. It does not have every Padme figure, but it does have every Padme costume currently available. :)

3849838851_4c1a79a009.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I also pulled my POTF2 basic figs and the Millenium Minted Coin fiugs out of my wall cases, to make room for newer lines, like Concept Art, Legacy, and pre-Phantom Menace figures (KOTOR and others).

In addition to adding these categories, I rearranged most of the shelves somewhat, adding figures that have come out in the past year or two. I expanded the post-ESB shelf, including the new Prince Xizor and Leia figs, as well as "We'll find Han" Lando and Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Daala.

Left Case
3849822871_895b8ac562_o.jpg

Middle Case
3850623704_4a412f2b90_o.jpg

Right Case
3849833377_f57390e402_o.jpg

All three cases combined hold a total of 381 figures. And there's still room for upcoming figures this year like: Willrow Hood, Exar Kun ad Ulic Qel-Droma, Rum Sleg, and Darth Krayt.

darthskellington;84924 said:
Made a few updates. I pulled the Padme figures out of my wall cases so we now have a small Padme-centric display near the computer. It does not have every Padme figure, but it does have every Padme costume currently available. :)

3849838851_4c1a79a009.jpg

Your collection and displays are the best I ever seen, as I said a few years back, that would be my dream come true. I did what you suggested when we lack space, and do one display and change it every couple of onths.

Keep up the star wars displays and please keep sharing them. I look up to them.

By the way, you are missing the Padme Pilot custome figure.

May The Force Be With You.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Good eye there. I do have the Pilot Padme, and even pulled her out of the other case...but she got set behind a gang of wookiees and I missed her. She's now been added to the group. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here are a couple snapshots of the Separatist blue-painted vehicles. I think I have everything that is currently out pictured, with teh exception of the Droid Tri-Fighter...which is currently packed away.

3870663817_ddb42cc057_o.jpg

3871450174_8f57702ac0_o.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here are a few new photos.....I've been cleaning and organizing the SW room this month. I have a black plastic pegboard tower that is on a turntable....I got it from work a few years ago. I think I have other pics of it posted somewhere. Anyway, recently I used it to display vehicles...having them rest on pegs or wired to the side of the tower. I took the tower down and figured I'd better take a picture first.

4299750522_b0c9eebf6d_o.jpg

Next I have some lighting upgrades. Here is my old Geonosis Arena creature display, only I've added a micro LED light above it. I brought home some Xmas LED light displays that were inside cardboard shippers. They are just a bundle of maybe 10 micro-LED light with a battery pack and a button. Push the button to make them come on.....release the button and they go off. This one is just a bundle of clear lights. As this diorama is on a lower shelf...it remains in the shadows somewhat. Now I can light it up whenever I show it to someone.

4299010687_f27e59119b_o.jpg

Lastly I have a mini Felucia diorama, featuring characters that appeared on Felucia across the timeline: Clones, a Gelagrub, Mariss Brood, and a battle Rancor and rider. This one also has a push-button micro-lighting, only it has an equal mix of blue, pink, and purple LED lights. What's neat is that they have a somewhat black-light effect, causing various plastics or paints to luminesce. In particular, the blue war-paint on the Rancor luminesces brightly. Apparently these LED Xmas lights are on a slightly different wavelength than traditional black lights though. I dug out an old black light I have and the Rancor didn't really light up at all. The war paint did luminesce...but in a shadowy navy blue color. So, if you want your Rancor to light up, you'll have to snag some Xmas lights next year.

4299755738_eea4011c46_o.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks guys. :) I've been wanting to work on some new dioramas for a while. Maybe I'll rotate things out a little this spring and build an Endor Dio or rebuild Hoth using sme of the newer toys. Alas, I really need a Star Wars building.