Contest Idea Again

Its been a while since I contributed any ideas to the site, but I had an interesting one that might be worth something.

Since so many TBS members have attended C3 maybe you should make a contest for who could submit the best C3 picture. You could generalize it to something like the best Stormtrooper. Lighting, stance, costume and angle could all contribute the the scores. All TBS members could vote.

To make it so the staff can play - names shouldn't be attached to the pictures. The prize could be a simple figure. To make it easy for computer illiterate idiots like myself the pictures could be emailed in.

Another option could be Barada setting it up Rancor Pit style (with pictures).

Barada

Saboteur
chris solo said:
Another option could be Barada setting it up Rancor Pit style (with pictures).

While I don't personally have a problem with this idea for a contest, there is no way I could do it RP style. Tell me how it would feel to the person who's pic gets blown away 9-1? Too many chances for bad feelings, or someone getting offended.

I'd go along with the rest of the concept though.

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Interesting idea Chris. Sounds quite promising to me. To bad I'm still waiting on all my pics that are on my friend's camera. :banghead:

Barada said:
.....Tell me how it would feel to the person who's pic gets blown away 9-1?.....

Well, their name wouldn't be on the picture - just the winner's name needs to be known. Good point though.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem I see with this idea is the limited number of entries we'd get. Keep in mind that "staff" generally do not participate in contests (Aussie, WC, Amshak, me, etc). If we went ahead with it, I'd say you have an excellent chance at winning (with the increased odds). ;)

Borsk said:
The only problem I see with this idea is the limited number of entries we'd get. Keep in mind that "staff" generally do not participate in contests (Aussie, WC, Amshak, me, etc). If we went ahead with it, I'd say you have an excellent chance at winning (with the increased odds). ;)

There has to be some type of game that can be played to allow yourself and staff a chance at the same fun the regular members have.