Clone Wars Toy Madness

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thought I would fill everyone in on my toy exploits from the past two days. I'm copying/pasting this form an e-mail....so if smething doesn't make sense, call me on it. :p

Wow.....we apparently had no one at Target today intersted in SW. The AT-TE's never got pulled from the back upon request. When I left at 4:30...the BMF was still on the endcap. We did sell a few figures, a few Fox's and Evolution sets. We sold almost ALL the Galactic heroes cinema scenes.....the former Target exclusive Jabba's Palace (which went clearance last year), was apparently a big hit today. We also sold a few lego sets.

So......for the big Saturday release, at Target I bought Commander Fox, Padme Evolutions set (the only "new" set we had in stock), and the V-19 Torrent and Spider Droid. I also picked up some of the Galactic Heroes for Erica a few days ago.

Then I went to Walmart (that had nothing at midnight the night before)...and they had their shipper and aisle set....looked somewhat picked over. I purchased Yarna, Ak-Rev, and the Ewoks. No sign of the Wally exclusive figure....I think that will come out closer to the movie.

Then I went to TRU, and they had the largest selection...but about the same variety. Several AT-TE's and BMF's. I also scored two new comics packs.....Asajj & Skorr, and Anakin and Durge. Both are pretty cool....cool enough for me to decide upon snagging them. :p I also picked up a TRU exclusive Dagger Squadron B-Wing, for $34.99. I a;most forgot about the Holo Grievous...and when I asked about it..the cashier went "Huh?" She walkied someone else..and he was like....over there on the wall.....referring to all the new figures..not holo-grievouses. Finally, the manager came over and said they were part of Sunday's ad. She said to just bring my receipt in tomorrow and they'd hook me up. I thought to myself some choice words regarding their intelligence, but said thank you. I can live with that. :)

On her way to work, Erica stopped by another Walmart and they had the Mon Cal/Quarren Soldier wave....so she picked up Mon Cal, Quarren, Scuba, Padme, Lancer Droid, and Saesee Tiin. I'll see those tomorrow.....our schedules are total opposites this weekend with her working overnight and me working mornings. :p

Oh..yeah....I also took home the 7X11 Target endcap signs that say "Star Wars / Coming July 26" :D Maybe 20 years from now they'll be worth a dollar. :p Now if I could only get my hands on the light up endcap header and sound box.

Oh....for those who saw the Hasbro pics of the B-Wing and are wondering.....it comes with 2 extra wing cannons. They are larger and can fire missiles.......and are interchangeable with the standard wing cannons.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So today I went back to TRU and obtained my Holo-Grievous with yesterday's receipt. The service desk lady said it was probably because it was advertised in Sunday's paper that they probably had to hold them until then. I'd already surmised as much, but still think they really have no idea what they are talking about.

I then went to the Walmart by Erica's work to check out the battle packs, and the Hoth Speeders were sold, but I picked up the Hoth Recon and Clone Speeders (which are animated style, btw, but hard to tell at first glance). I also sprung for the last Clone Heavy Gunner and Armored Obi-Wan figures they had, so I now have a complete set of the "realistic animated" wave.

It occurred to me that we probably have the battle packs at Target in the backroom.....I didn't think these ones would be out so soon so it never ocurred to me to double check.

Also, if anyone noticed the release date on the Sarlacc....it said late November. I'm hoping Target doesn't make it a black friday premium like last year....that was a pain.

Warren

Oh...still no sign of Pilot Evos down here. :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
darthskellington;80799 said:
So today I went back to TRU and obtained my Holo-Grievous with yesterday's receipt. The service desk lady said it was probably because it was advertised in Sunday's paper that they probably had to hold them until then. I'd already surmised as much, but still think they really have no idea what they are talking about.

The same thing happened to me. They couldn't give me the Holo Grievous because it was advertised in Sunday's paper. So, I have to came back on Sunday and the girl remember me from the day before. Then she took the receipt and slipt it in two so I could get two figures. :)

Didn't check the aisle on Sunday, but on Saturday there wera a few people buying stuff, mostly the figures and evoultion sets. The Fett evolution sets still have the Boba Fett without the chest icon, which I thought they say they will correct that in the new ones. At one time, the manager were around answering questions and telling people about the Holo Grievous promo.

I also went to KB Toys and Walmart, but TRU was the one with largest selection. The only thing that they didn't have was the AT-TE (the manager told us that they expecting soon), one of the Rebel Pilot Evolution sets, and the B-Wing.

I haven't heard about the other stores in the island.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Hasbrotoyshop.com has now the Comic-Com/CJ Exclusive Disturbance of the Force set. You get 10% off all SW related if you enter the promo code GUIDE10.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
darthskellington;80799 said:
Also, if anyone noticed the release date on the Sarlacc....it said late November. I'm hoping Target doesn't make it a black friday premium like last year....that was a pain.

That Sarlaac Battle Pack looks nice. It was one of the few surprises that I have seen from the reports from Comic-Con. Too sad, I don't have a Target here. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Some of the Fetts are corrected...some aren't. Some people on the Yahoo group have reported seeing both, but at different stores.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
So far I've got the whole first wave of Clone Wars figures (Anakin through R2... #1-8) and even found numbers 5-8 with first day stickers even though it was the fifth day. :p Picked up the Captain Fox figure at Target as well.

Alas, no Holo Grievous for me, as I won't be able to make it to a TRU until this weekend. Are they going to keep selling this one for $9.99 for a while like they did the Holo Emperor a while back, or are they pretty much gone now??

If anyone's been in a Borders books lately, by the way, they have a pretty neat cardboard clone wars sign hanging from the ceiling near the kids books. May be able to get them to hold it for you if you ask them. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
They advertise the Holo Grievou as a $9.99 value, so I would think they will also sell them individually later on. However, I don't think they have been quite as inundated with them this time around. If you collect loose, you can probably score one on ebay cheap later this year....that's how I got my holo-emperor TRU esclusive.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Made it to a TRU yesterday and did manage to snag one of the last four Holo Grievous' they had for $9.99! Also found a first day issue sticker Anakin, which I bought and then returned my sticker-less one back to Target. :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So I've been opening a number of new toys this weekend.

So far, I've opened the Homing Droid, V-19, B-Wing, and all three battle
packs.

The Spider Droid is cool.....it's of course too small to be scale....but
surprisingly large next to other vehicles. It's a welcome addition to
any battlefield. The top pops open so you can put a figure in the
cockpit. These of course were droids....not manned vehicles...but still
a fun play feature.

The V-19 is neat. It fairly accurately represents the realistic look of
the V-19 design. For those who don't know.....when this ship was
created for the old Clone Wars cartoon (and/or comics), they got concept
artists from the movies to create a new design. Their design looked a
lot like this toy, and this is how thye appeared in the comic books and
now in the new CGI animation. Most people saw them first in the cartoon
though, which was a toon-ified version of the concept art. Fun toy. I
actually like my homemade cartoon version (made out of cardboard) just a
well. Maybe I'll finish it after all.....it still needs blasters and the
cockpit glass attached.

The Hoth Recon BP is nice....comes with a silver Probe Droid (too silver
for my tastes, but at least it's different). Chewbacca is a VOTC style
sculpt with some snowy paint weathering. Han is the VOTC Hood-up sculpt,
brown coat. (Target Hoth Playset last year came with a Blue Coat
version). K-3PO is articulated and "clean" and is based off of the ROTS
3PO body. Nice figure, although I like the look of the POTJ one better.
R5-M2 is new and welcome.

Hoth Speeder Bikes - two white-ish speederbikes......oddly enough with
"Republic" military cogs on the sides.....not Imperial. Two identical
Scout Troopers...sporting white-ish armor. These are kitbashed.....Scout
head and torso....Vintage style snowtrooper arms and legs. These are
pretty cool looking. They don't hold onto the handle bars worth crap,
and look goof when standing "at attention". However, put them in an
action pose they are really nice. Each comes with a Blastech rifle and
scout trooper pistol.....no holsters.

Clone Trooper speeder bikes recon - two Neyo style speeder bikes, with
maroon highlights and "timer-mine" * sigils on them. Comes with two
Animated Clone Troopers. Troopers have gray highlights and maroon
"timer-mine" sigils on their shoulders. Does anyone have the Walmart
exlusive Neyo/Saleucami speeder bikes? If so....can you point out any
differences between the bikes. If there is no diff.....then I don't need
to track down that old battle pack. Yay. :)

* By "timer-mine"....I mean a maroon circle with four "points" radiating
out from it....not unlike an AT-AT foot......or a timer mine if you've
ever played Goldeneye back in the day. :)

Dagger Squadron B-Wing with Lt. Netrem Pollard (Dagger Squadron Leader).
This B-Win gis like previous ones, but with a unique paint job. Other
changes include interchangeable missle-firing wing cannons......kinda
tricky to attach them.....I tried briefly and failed earlier. Also, the
cockpit no longer has a sticker, but now three-dimentional sculpted
control panels and grips. :) Lastly, the B-Wing comes with customized
stickers. You get a large number of kill-marks you can put on the
fighter, including, TIEs, Bombers, and Interceptors. More importantly,
you get four colors of "circle stickers". The standard B-Wing has always
had Red circles painted on various wings. Dagger Squadron's circles are
color coded....and have the silhouette of a Dagger in each circle. This
B-Wing comes with Black, Gold, Scarlet, and Blue stickers so you can
choose whose B-Wing you want it to be:

Lt. Netrem Pollard (Squad Leader) - Black Dagger
Vin Nothos - Scarlet Dagger
Callen Troyt - Gold Dagger
Nera Dantels - Blue Dagger

Incidentally, the Pollard figure is very nicely done, with lots of
articulation, and more importantly.....excellent poseability. He can sit
in the cockpit with ease. My only complaint is that his removeable
helmet looks kind funny....the brown skull-cap sticks up and out at a
funny angle...more than needed to accomodate his hair.

Warren
Skel

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
It seems that you had a nice weekend! I also spend half the weekend opening stuff. Started with all the Comic Packs, then the Evolution packs, and finally the Force Unleashed Wave.

Right now the BMF is parked in the middle of my dinner table since I had no other place to put it.

On Friday, I went to TRU and got the new Legacy Han Solo and Clone Wars R2-D2. Then went to KB Toys where they have the second wave of Legacy figures but they were $2.00 more than TRU. So I decided to wait. After that I went to a new Walmart that was opened last week and got three more figures.

No sight of the AT-TE or the B-Wing. :(

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Got "Disturbance Of The Force" set at Comicon on Star Wars day (Friday) then went that night to Toys R Us Midnight Madness also in San Diego. There I got BMF, AT-TE, Homing Spider Droid, V-19, 4 Evolutions sets (Bounty Hunters, Amidalas, Pilots 1 and Pilots 2) as well as IG Lancer Droid and realistic version armored Obi-Wan. Oh, and free holo Greivious.(not intersted in the animated figures.) I also just got rest of Legacy Clone Wars (except Scuba and Quad Gunner) and got Yarna. Opened everything!!!