Clone Trooper Pilot, Jango Fett Pilot And Beardless Endor Soldier. Detailed Pics And

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
<center>
sponsors.ds.jpg
</center>
<center>Figures supplied by D & S Sci-Fi Toy World</center>

<CENTER>SAGA'S LATEST TRIO LIGHTSABER
REVIEW AND DETAILED PICTURES
</CENTER>

<CENTER> By Ishi Tib</CENTER>

Two new sculpts from Attack of the Clones and a "new head" (sort of speak) from Return of the Jedi are making their way into retailers everywhere. The new sculpts are those of Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot, Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot and the body and card of figure number 33, the Endor Rebel Soldier, this time around without a beard.

Without any further delays, here are my thoughts on the up and down points on these sculpts, not without first thanking www.DNSToys.com for the provision of the figures.

<CENTER>CLONE TROOPER
REPUBLIC GUNSHIP PILOT
</CENTER>

This is a great figure; the likeness, pose and detailed have been well captured and the fact the figure perfectly fits inside the Republic Gunship's cockpit as well as in the deployable troop platform of the vehicle add more to its overall design.

Of course there might be a little bit of controversy amongst those looking for perfection or a more neutral pose of the figure due to the fact the sculpt makes the trooper appear as if he was looking to the side of the turret. But, it is such pose what gives the clone the proper inclination, making him stick out of the vehicle just enough, as if he was looking for a target to shoot at.

<CENTER>LIKENESS/DETAILS/SCULPT</CENTER>

One of the best details this new sculpt offers is the helmet, which is slightly bigger than the one used by regular clone troopers. It comes with a life support pack and air hoses with are connected to a back piece and are separated from the body, not molded onto the figure. This in turn, allows for the ball jointed head to be moved up and down or side to side. There's a centered yellow stripe going from front to back as well as two black republic emblems, one on each side of the helmet.

The armor suit has specs of dirt here and there, adding to a more realistic look and overall the entire body seems to me, has a more slender appearance, having the legs and arms not as bulky as other clones previously produced

<CENTER>FEATURES/ACCESSORIES/ARTICULATION</CENTER>

The Clone Trooper pilot comes accessorize with a rounded two tone gray turret and green projectile. Inserting the projectile into the turret and pressing at its back end will launch the projectile. The turret offers moveable handle bars which the figure can hold with ease. The turret's column can be moved up or down and its base presents a couple of holes for easy attachment to the left or right side of the Republic Gunship's provided pegs.

There is also a blaster gun included with the figure which can be placed on either one of the Clone trooper's hands but you get a better effect from the sculpt by having it hold the turret's handle bars, nevertheless the blaster is also a nice addition.

The figure is articulated at the head with the use of a ball joint, shoulders, elbows, waist and hips. There is no articulation at the wrist, which would had been a good thing but what can we do, I guess we cannot have it all.

<CENTER>FIGURE INFORMATION</CENTER>

NAME OF FIGURE: Clone Trooper. Republic Gunship Pilot
DIGITS: PN 6108685400
FIGURE NUMBER: 49
ACCESSORIES: Blaster, Turret with projectile, Force blast effect

<CENTER>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</CENTER>

<CENTER>JANGO FETT
SLAVE 1 PILOT
</CENTER>

This is already figure number 5 of Jango Fett in five months since the line was first "unleashed," and although it lacks the articulation of the previous one, Final Battle, Pilot Fett has a better likeness than the Kamino Escape version and a much better hidden feature than some other figures from the Saga line. Also, the sculpt fits inside the cockpit of the Slave 1 vehicle without any complications; so as you can see, there is good and bad with this new plastic incarnation of the Mandalorian.

<CENTER>LIKENESS/DETAILS/SCULPT</CENTER>

Jango's head sculpt offers a better likeness this time around, with a sharper nose and slightly bigger eyes. Funny, though is the fact he does not have any signs of facial hair (perhaps he was caught one of those rare shaving days), but despite this, it is a more "on the spot" sculpt of the head. Some might wonder why this figure does not come with a helmet but the fact is that the molded on head set with ear pieces will make it impossible for a helmet to be squeezed on and in order to have had one that would had fit would had resulted in it being way out of proportion.

The armor suit, backpack and gauntlets are well rendered and the paint detail is good. The fact that both holsters provide housing for the blaster pistols, something we hadn't seen since the Kamino Escape version, is a plus. The jetpack is not removable but there is a special reason for that.

<CENTER>FEATURES/ACCESSORIES/ARTICULATION</CENTER>

If there is one good thing to point out about the figure is the quick-draw action feature, which has been greatly disguised within the jetpack, having no sticking out levers nor wheels to detract from the sculpt. By pressing down on the missile Jango's arms will raise in a firing pose, let go off the missile and his arms will drop down like melted ice cream from a cone. You can keep the arms raised by spinning them backwards and bringing them slowly over to the front until a clicking sound is heard, just then let go off the arms and they will stay up.

The only accessory packed with the figure are the pair Westar-34 blasters, which are exactly the same as the ones previously offered with other sculpts of the character. They nicely attack to Jango's hands with have been designed with the index fingers to properly go on the triggers.

As far as articulation is concerned, Jango offers it at the neck, shoulders (which gets enhanced by his action feature), biceps, waist and hips

NAME OF FIGURE: Jango Fett. Slave 1 Pilot
DIGITS: PN 6108685200
FIGURE NUMBER: 47
ACCESSORIES: Two Westar-34 Blasters

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
<CENTER>ENDOR REBEL SOLDIER
BEARDLESS
</CENTER>

Well, this one has to be my shortest review yet. Not because of lack of words nor a will to describe the figure and features but rather due to the fact the new Endor Rebel Soldier has not changed one bit (other than the swapping of the head) from the previous one and by now it is easy to affirm everyone knows what the Endor Soldier's body and accessories are like

As promised by Hasbro once 50% of the first version (the one with the beard and black hair) was shipped out to retailers a second version would be offered. And as promised, the statement is now a reality; the new head sculpt offers a clean, shaven and blond haired Rebel.

This second version comes packed in the exact same card as the previous one. Even the pictures on the back of the card showcase the previous Endor Soldier with a beard, rather than the new head version and just like the pictures, the number of the figure remains the same, as figure number 33. The only other change noticeable to the card are the new PM numbers and that's all.

This is a good thing for army builders as they now have two different head sculpts to add to the dioramas and so forth. As for the non-army builder collector, we just have a new head priced around $5.00, if you see my point.

NAME OF FIGURE: Endor Rebel Soldier
DIGITS: PN 6108683600
FIGURE NUMBER: 33
ACCESSORIES: Blaster Rifle, Blaster Effect, Helmet, Backpack

Take a look now at the detailed pictures below and feel free to share your opinions with us. We'd love to hear what you have to say. Enjoy!

<CENTER>Ishi Tib</CENTER>

Nightwing

New Recruit
LOL! love the recycled on the endor soldier, ishi! :D

I see a bit of a AT-AT driver in-the-making, in the clone trooper pilot, no?

I sooooo want Jango :(

Thanks!

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Nightwing...
I should had added the RECYCLED logo to the Tusken Raider with Massiff as well. Lately we have seen an abundance of recycled body parts.

What about the accessory sets?

I'm truly disgust on how often we have been getting bombarded lately with figures we already have and useless accessories.

Here is list:

Arena Conflit Accessory set: The battle droid is just the same as the single one carded with just the addition of articulated knees and a change of color. But the plastic used on the legs is so flimsy once you put the huge backpack launcher on it, the figure will fall down on its own weight. By the way, Does anyone remember seeing the droid wearing this backpack in the film? and how about the trench coat the set offers? Gee! I tried it on Han Bespin and the garment looks on him even bigger than MC Hammer pants looked! Well, the deal is that it is $10.00 bucks

Endor Victory Accessory set: The scout trooper is exactly the same mold as the previous two offered with POTJ, except for some different "dirt" spots...BIG DEAL! and this time around they even placed his waist backwards. The only good thing out of this set is the drum set but we don't even have an Ewok that will properly hold the drumsticks! and the "redesigned" packs now with to hooks to attach to a figure don't fit properly any of them. Again, another $10.00 bucks sucked out of our pockets.

Death Star Accessory set: Oh boy! Let's see... we get an exact rehash of the Death Star Trooper from POTF2, a flimsy rack that doesn't hold any of the weapons, an a disproportion interrogator droid and Mouse Droid with spring activated wheels. Yup, another $10.00 for what? ...the Mouse?

Hoth Survival Accessory set: What do we have here?... The old POTF2 Hoth Rebel Soldier head, the old POTF2 Luke in Hoth gear body, a backpack that won't fit the figure..ha! If it wasn't for the cool Hoth sentry droid, I don't think I would had ever gotten this set..But again, was the droid worth $10.00? Of course not!

Cantina Bar sets: This one's got to be Hasbro the most clever idea to get $30.00 out of what a while back would had been called a Cinema Scene and would had cost around $15.00.

Let's face it, the three sets put together recreate, just that ...a Cinema Scene. And to top things off, the characters offered are three we already have. With the exception of some new paint deco, and some extra articulation, these figures are basically the same as the ones offered with POTF2. Even the seats at the bar are wrong... I don't remember seeing stools at the Cantina, or perhaps I missed something ???

Yoda: What the future holds..well, I see the "new" Yoda with chair coming out later this year. New? ha! Same sculpt as the EP1 version, same chair. From the pictures I've seen not even an "upgraded" paint job is offered...Didn't we hear at a certain point we would not be seeing figures (molds) already released in the past? o.... what gives?

There's so much to be given a "plastic birth," so many characters still not produced. Hasbro has been doing a great job as far as sculpting and detail is concerned therefore why not keep it up? Why not rather than to be throwing in old molds and switching heads, why not truly make out of every figure something to be pleased about? Or do we have to eat the bittersweet in order to taste the honey?

Just my two cents on all these rehashes :D :guns:

<center>_______________________________</center>

Jango Fett Pilot is a good example of how a simple figure with a well hidden feature works. His head piece is not removable but heck!..the overall design and look of the figure makes him appealing to everyone.

As far as the Clone Trooper Pilot, yeah, we can see a certain resemblance with the AT-AT driver, getting the figure right at where it should stand, as a link between the outfits seen in the original trilogy and the ones that preceded them. This one figure in particular is a fantastic sculpt by the big H.