Chat Room?

Barada

Saboteur
How about a chat room? I see there are usually a number of us online everytime I'm here, which is quite a bit lately. That way, we can all get together as a group, and talk about everything under the sun in real time.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
A chat room is a possibility, although it's not exactly something I can make happen overnight and it wouldn't really be connected to the forums. I can link to it from the forums, but it would be totally seperate software.

Doing it will probably involve quite a bit of work on my part, so I'd like to get an idea of how many people would use it. Reply to this thread and let me know. If enough people want it, then it will happen. :)

Barada

Saboteur
Cool. I'll be the first to sign up :D

If it's too much of a pain, then don't worry about it though.

Barada

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
If you would be willing to put that much effort into a chat room, I would use it all the time!:hello:

I have been on MANY other SW chat rooms, and almost everyone talks about everything BUT SW :toed: That's what ticked me off the most... You want to talk shop, and they want to talk about... the weather... how much they had to eat that day, or how big there puppy or kitten has gotten!?! :stupid:

If the chat room would be used for good and NOT for evil... Then count me in!
NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH DAGOBAH WATER!!!!!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
somehow, i imagine a big conversation about hockey:yawn:

but i like the idea anyway:vader:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
yes please

For sure. being from Aussie i would definately participate in a chat room scene . just got to watch me clock as we are ahead of you guys by about 14 hours !
Count me in if you go ahead

Darth Aussie:aussie:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This response is good enough. I just didn't want to do it if there'd only be two guys using it. :laugh:

I made a post about the chat room over in the Site News forum, so you can go check that out if you feel so inclined.

Site News Forum - Update

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
We're thinking about making that a contest - to see who can stay in the chat room the longest. :laugh:

And, since I'm on the subject, I've found another solution to the chat room that you guys might like better. I'll probably spend some time this week looking at it and customizing it. By next weekend (maybe), I'll switch to the new chat room and we can see which one everyone likes better.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Everytime I hit the chat room, nobody's there! It gets pretty lonely! I hope to see more fellow collectors using it!

As for the contest, I think I would win hands down.... I happen to have insomnia! :evil: It would be hard though with all of the different time zones... Especially for our friend in Australia!:wavey:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
times

If there was a set time for a chat and i can be there , i will. problem is you guys are all asleep when i have time enough to jump on! lol. i answer the forums at work and check them later on in the day
seriously i'll try and get chatting tonite if i can . TTYS

Thommo:aussie:

Barada

Saboteur
Chat Help?

Hey Borsk? I finally had a chance to get to the chat room, but when I tried to send a message, it leaves out my text. It does acknowledge that I sent something, but doesn't show what I wrote. Is this happening a lot, or just me? I'm going to try it again tonight, after work. Thanks a bunch.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the default color is black, you have to change it by using the rainbow bar at the bottom.

Redleader

New Recruit
I tried it out last night with a bunch guys (and girls) last night and really enjoyed it. I'll have to drop in more often.