Celebration 5 in 2010

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
They just announced Alan Harris and John Morton.

Harris, a British actor, performed the role of the bounty hunter Bossk in The Empire Strikes Back. He also was a body double for Terrance Stamp in The Phantom Menace.

John Morton portrayed Luke Skywalker's gunner Dak Ralter during the battle of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.

SWfan

Infiltrator
The last guest is supposed to be announced tomorrow! Clone Wars people next week! Only 6 weeks left till CV!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
SWfan;87006 said:
I have a question.

Can you just meet the signers and get a photo of/with them without buying an autograph? Some of my family will be with me and they would like to meet some of the actors but aren't into autograph collecting.

Yes. For the most part, the typical actor will be at a table that you are free to go up to. You can carry on a conversation (most of them are looking for conversation...they're stuck at a table for 4 days straight!) Most will gladly pose for a picture. Business is business, and if there is a line of people paying to get an autograph, that will take priority. However, most everyone will have no line at some point during the con.

You bigger name actors (can't remember who's attending, so these are just examples) like say Ray Park, Temeura Morrison, Billy Dee Williams, Jeremy Bulloch, may have their own private queues to hep manage traffic to their tables. Due to time constraints, these guys may or may not be posing for photos or carrying on much conversation. You will most likely not get to speak to them just because they have an empty table....because there WILL be a line at most times. Lines for these guys could range from 15-20 mins...to over an hour depending on who and when you attempt to get their autograph.

Major names like Carrie will have their own roped off section of the autograph hall....you might not even see them due to curtains separting the area where their line is.

That said, probably 80% or more of the signers will be readily available for you to walk right up to. Keep in mind that people you could normally meet with quickly at a small con (Bulloch, Mayhew) will have muc larger lines at CV due to the sheer size of the convention. There will be over 30,000 Star Wars fan in attendance over the course of the event. That's right....there will be thousands of people just like you. :p

SWfan

Infiltrator
Announced some Clone Wars guests today:

Tom Kane
Jaime King
James Arnold Taylor
Catherine Taber

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Erica and I are thinking about doing the Bounty Hunt...but we're not 100% sure....they conflict with some panels we want to go to. If we do it, it would probably be the Thursday one. I'm sure our friend Kevin (Sir Megatron), who is going with us, will be on our team, so that would leave one spot. We may have to split into two teams if there is a lot of interest.

We did the Kessel Run at C4....it was a lot of fun. :)

SWfan

Infiltrator
Warwick Davis and Temuera Morrison have both cancelled. Very disappointed as I was most excited about meeting Warwick. :(

I have a quick question. If you get to a panel late will they still let you in? I want to go to the Fett panel and Robert Watts panel on Thursday but Fetts end at 2 and Watts starts at 2. They are in different rooms so I would be a few minutes late. Thanks.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
SWfan;87217 said:
Warwick Davis and Temuera Morrison have both cancelled. Very disappointed as I was most excited about meeting Warwick. :(

I have a quick question. If you get to a panel late will they still let you in? I want to go to the Fett panel and Robert Watts panel on Thursday but Fetts end at 2 and Watts starts at 2. They are in different rooms so I would be a few minutes late. Thanks.

I was also looking forward to meet Warwick. I wanted an autograph for me and one for my friend in Spain. She loves Ewok and lucky for her there is another ewok in CV. Still I would love to meet him.

In CIV I had that situation and ended with the door closed on mu nose. :( I hope in CV will not be like that but just in case better get quickly from one panel to another.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
At C4 some of the bigger panels were full to capacity and they closed the doors when they started. If they were full, I don't think they let anyone enter even if someone left.

Typically, we had to wait in line beforehand for many of the panels (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Ray Park)...so..if we did a panel from 2-3.....wen we got out when hiked over to teh next location and got in line for the 4pm panel. You pretty much lost the 3-4 time period due to travel time and line time.

Depending on what and when you want to see something, your line experience may be include lesser waits. You probably need to choose which one you want to see more. Youc ouldn't go wrong either way, but I know from past experience that Watts is quite a character and very enjoyable to see talk and/or meet. Multiple actors on a panel (Fetts) is also cool to see.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
One week until we start our trip to Orlando!!! We are planning to have dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe on Wednesday night with our friends from The Star Wars Fan Group on Yahoo, if any Bothan Spies want to go, post here and we can exchange contact info! We have 10 people going so far...no time set in stone, but they are open late.

P.S. You have to buy your own dinner :D

Capt. Khurgee

New Recruit
To All My Friends At The Spy,

I'm sorry that I haven't been post lately, but I am very excited and proud to have been invited to be a guest at CV. Please, Please, Please, if you are going to be there, come over and introduce yourselves. After all this is a time for the whole Fan Family and I really want to meet as many Brothers and Sisters as I can. Don't worry about formalities, just come and say hello!

Chris

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Capt. Khurgee;87263 said:
To All My Friends At The Spy,

I'm sorry that I haven't been post lately, but I am very excited and proud to have been invited to be a guest at CV. Please, Please, Please, if you are going to be there, come over and introduce yourselves. After all this is a time for the whole Fan Family and I really want to meet as many Brothers and Sisters as I can. Don't worry about formalities, just come and say hello!

Chris

I baked some wookiee cookies for you!! Warren and I are planning to go to the autograph hall after we hit the art show on Thursday morning, so we will see you there!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Warren and I are leaving tomorrow morning, picking up Kevin (Megatron) and heading to Orlando Wednesday morning. See you guys there!!

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
We've been in Florida since Monday night. Got to see sister, Bro-in law & my niece and nephew and spend the day with them today. Lots of fun. Head out for for Orlando tomorrow late morning... don't think I'll have internet until after the convention so, if that's the case... see you there or read about it later ;)