Celebration 5 in 2010

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So....no one has really commented on this here yet....but as most of you probably know it was confirmed that C5 will be sometime in summer 2010.

They have not announced dates or location yet....probably will this fall around Sept or Oct, IMO. The last time they talked about locations, they mentioned Baltimore, Orlando, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Minneapolis.

Personally, I'm hoping for one of the midwest locations, like Minneapolis.

Erica and I plan on being there. Anyone else?

Alf

Agent
I have to start saving up my money and vacation time :)

I hope to see my friends again from C 3!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I thikn I can go, just as long as someone else holds on to my wallet while I'm in the dealer's room and the celebration store!! :) And I am only getting 1 exclusive fig this time. :p

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I think I could go depending on my workload. Hoping that they give more details soon.

scifirefly

New Recruit
My husband Chuck & I are definitely planning to be there... whenever, whereever. :) Just wish they would announce the details soon so we can all start making plans - and count downs! We would have loved to come to Fan Days but no more vacation time this year... :mad:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/c5announcement/index.html#rss

Orlando

Aug 12-15

Warren and I booked a room at the Rosen Centre, the closest/cheapest hotel to the con center!!

c5logo_img.jpg

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Was hoping for something a bit closer... but I can't complain about Orlando- a chance to see my dad, sister and her family. Starting to save pennies!!!

It looks like I'll probably be going. The last I was at was CIII with Mynock11 and our boys. It was good to run into DS, WC, Borsk, Amshak (I think), Alf (I think), and BB (not to leave people from the southern hemisphere last).

I'm sorry that I was busy "jonesing" and the vendors booths finding different vintage carded R2s instead of mingling more. This year will be different.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
chris solo;85956 said:
It looks like I'll probably be going. The last I was at was CIII with Mynock11 and our boys. It was good to run into DS, WC, Borsk, Amshak (I think), Alf (I think), and BB (not to leave people from the southern hemisphere last).

I'm sorry that I was busy "jonesing" and the vendors booths finding different vintage carded R2s instead of mingling more. This year will be different.

Just noticed your post Chris....glad to hear you'll make it this time. Yes,a t C3 you did meet Alf, AmShak, Darth Boru, and Darth Aussie (but no Buzz Bumble). Speaking of which, Buzz, isn't it about high time you made it to a US Celebration? :p

There were a few difference between C3 and C4....mainly...the Celebration Store was open 24 hours and pretty much everything was readily available (although a few random things sold out). Also, everything from the con, like shirts or action figures, will be readily available online or on ebay later. If you want to panic about a Gentle Giant bust or statue....go for that. Now, this time they've said the exclusives (Hasbro's comic pack) will be more limited. I'm not falling for it. I don't care how limited they are, they will be available at a reasonable price within a year later. So, I would recommend spending your time doing the things you really want to do, be it shopping dealers, attending panels, etc. :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
And the last day at the con everything at the store was 1/2 price!! That rocked!! I got my awesome Chewie winter coat there for $30.

SWfan

Infiltrator
Ten more guests have been added!

Jeremy Bulloch
Dickey Beer
Peter Mayhew
Paul Blake
Richard Bonehill
John Coppinger
Orli Shoshan
Mike Quinn
Tim Rose
Dermot Crowley

I'm planning on meeting all but one of them.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The only autograph I need from that list is Dickey Beer. I have not met Richard Bonehill before, but I believe I've everyone else at previous Celebrations or conventions. They're all great people. Glad to see Mike Quinn is back doing conventions.