Cantina - Special Edition

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
In honor of the Silver Anniversary and in the spirit of the Special Editions to the Original Trilogy, I am going back and recreating the Cantina section of the Dioramas. I will include characters and scenes that are missing from my current version. I will include more detailed pics of the Cantina along with some "making of" of pics and what I used to create my Cantina.
I will start with a scene by scene recreation of the movie and then move into the some of the other items that I mentioned.
What I would like from everyone is your comments. Which characters am I neglecting that you would like to see. Keep in mind that I am not a Figure Customizer. I will do my best but some characters may just have to wait on Hasbro to get to them.
As you go through this thread, let me know what you would like to see that I am not including. Ultimately, all of what you see in this thread will end up in the new section, so this is your chance to help make that section be the best that it can be.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
cantinabanner.jpg

"The Mos Eisley spaceport sees a wide variety of unusual people and things, but the Mos Eisley Cantina is known as the haunt of the weirdest clientele in town. Hardened professional spacers and bizarre outlanders from the distant corners of the galaxy can be found here. While it's no place for the squeamish, the regular patrons enjoy the cantina's pan-galactic atmosphere that helps distract them from their various misfortunes. Often, the most misfortunate thing for these travelers is that they ended up on Tatooine. As long as foolish outsiders don't step in and get their head blown off, everyone can have their own version of a good time while enjoying the sounds of the local band. Deals get made, things get drunk, and the wrong sorts of business go the right sorts of ways. And all along, the bartender maintains order with the constant threat of poisoning the drinks of creatures that give him trouble." - Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene1.01.jpg

Mos Eisley Spaceport, you will never find a more retched hive or scum and villiany.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene1.04.jpg

You don't need to see his identification... these aren't the droids you're looking for... he can go about his business... move along.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene2.02.jpg

Do you really think we're going to find a pilot here that can take us to Alderaan?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene2.03.jpg

Most of the best freighter pilots are to be found here, only watch your step... this place can be a little ruff.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene3.07.jpg

Hey! we don't serve their kind here... your droids, they'll have to wait outside... we don't want them here.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
01scene3.08.jpg

Why don't you wait out by the speeder... we don't want any trouble here.