Autograph Successes!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Today in the mail I got Damian Lewis who played Captain Winters in Band of Brothers:
dlewis02webpr6.jpg

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Well this is KIND OF Star Wars related.

Mel Brooks signed and personalized the two Spaceballs photos I sent to him!

Address on my site.

Attachments

• mel.jpg
    mel.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 580
  • mel2.jpg
    mel2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 590

Sarasotarockstr

I begged and pleaded and finally found someone from the Wattographs board to grab me Mr. Lando himself, Billy Dee Williams, at the Pittsburg Toy Show.

Awesome personalization too. I'm a huge SW fan - but I've heard horror stories about him as far as signings go so I was happy to fork over the cash for it. Best $35 I ever spent.

If you can't read it - he wrote "For Bret, Ole buddy don't let me down Billy Dee Williams, Lando"

Attachments

• lando.jpg
    lando.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 622
I got back from my holiday yesterday to find a few TTM success on my doorstep:

jezharris.jpg

lornepeterson.jpg

georgeleech.jpg

I was especially surprised with the Jez Harris one as I wrote to him back in February and got a note back saying that he now charges £15 for his autograph and asking me to either send the money or let them know so they could send my blank pic back. I did mean to contact them but never got around to it so I was a little shocked to see this come back.

After waiting for 5 months,I finally got items back:D

3 signed trading cards & a letter

Attachments

• Signed_TradingCards.JPG
    Signed_TradingCards.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 562
  • BobaLetter.JPG
    BobaLetter.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 599

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Today in the mail I got a large manilla Envelope with my name on it. I didn't know who it was from since the return
address was covered up by a postal sticker. So I ran up to the house and opened it and to
my shock pulled out an 8x10 Autographed by ROBERT DUVALL!! He also included 2 smaller
cards that he had autographed too. I had sent him a letter back on February 16th 2006 but
forgot about until today!!

I used this address:

Mr. Robert Duvall
P.O. Box 520
The Plains, VA. 20198-0520

Here's pictures of my success:

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/RobertDuvallEnvelope.jpg

8x10:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/RobertDuvallAutograph1.jpg

Small cards:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/RobertDuvallAutograph2.jpg

RYAN J.

Sarasotarockstr

Finally updating my site!

Adding the follow successes w/addresses at the moment

-Karen Allen
-Eric Idle
-Kenneth Colley
-Samuel L. Jackson

HELL YES. Third request out to Mr. Jackson was a charm. Sent him two pics to the Canadian set of the movie "Jumper" and got them back signed - via FedEx no less! One shot of Mace and one of Frozone from "The Incredibles"

Here's the Mace scan - others on my site.

Attachments

• sam.jpg
    sam.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 585

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Sarasotarockstr said:
Finally updating my site!

Adding the follow successes w/addresses at the moment

-Karen Allen
-Eric Idle
-Kenneth Colley
-Samuel L. Jackson

HELL YES. Third request out to Mr. Jackson was a charm. Sent him two pics to the Canadian set of the movie "Jumper" and got them back signed - via FedEx no less! One shot of Mace and one of Frozone from "The Incredibles"

Here's the Mace scan - others on my site.

Awesome success with SLJ! I'm going to send my request to him soon, just as soon as my photos arrive. What'd you say in your letter to make him send it via FedEx?

Sarasotarockstr

I didn't say anything regarding how it was going to be sent back.

From what I've seen, all successes from this set have come back FedEx.

Day before yesterday I got a door tag saying FedEX had tried to deliver something. I got so excited that I signed the tag and then snuck home on my lunch break to find it waiting for me yesterday!

Sarasotarockstr

ARRGH!!! I've been internet-less at the house for over a week (changing providers) and today's been the first day I've had a chance to hop on @ work and say hello to everyone.

I've got some great successes/addresses waiting to put up on the site.

Drumroll please...

1) Ken Colley signed and kindly personalized two pics each w/a different quote and with Piett's name (I actually have this one up on my site but couldn't remember if I'd posted it here.)

2) Dermot Crowley signed and personalized two photos, including one previously signed by Caroline Blakiston.

3) I got an awesome response from Brian Blessed. Signed and personalized my Boss Nass and Prince Vultan (Flash Gordan) pics, included his own signed and personalized pic and wrote nice handwritten comments on my letter.

4) Got a wonderful handwritten letter back from Peter Sumner (Pol Treidum) who signed my pic "Bret, why aren't you at your post!?".

5) Non-Star Wars - but got a signed & personalized pic back from Tera Patrick (Google her, you'll thank me) and a great response from John Carpenter. He signed and personalized a "Halloween" 8x10 poster print to my gf, a "Big Trouble in Little China" 8x10 poster print to me, as well as included his own personalized pic to both of us. We also got signed & personalized photos back from Dick Van Dyke.

I did get one disappointment. I had a non-success for James Earl Jones. Care of one of his NY addresses (don't have it here at work) I got my photos back unsigned. On the plus size, both pics were previously signed by others so happy to have them back, but I was disappointed to not have them pan out. Guess I'll try another address.

I might have missed someone, but we'll see. I should be back up and running next Wednesday.

Happy Collecting!

Bret

Sevb30

New Recruit
Sarasotarockstr, I wonder why people sometimes get their stuff back unsigned from JEJ, have you written to him before? How long ago was this JEJ request sent out?

Sarasotarockstr

I believe this was my third request to him total. But the other two, both successes, were both in the mid to late 90s or 2001 at the latest.

Perhaps he does have a database - or maybe he just didn't like my letter.

I'm going to try again with another address I think, but I'll wait a bit before I do. I'm not ALL that disappointed as I already have successes from him.

Incidentally - I did forget one success in my post yesterday. I also got Jeff Anderson from Clerks and Clerks II who signed and wrote a hilarious inscription.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Today I got a response from Joe Conley!!

I Sent Mr. Conley 3 index cards on September 20th 2006....Replied October 7th 2006 Signed all
3 OF MY Index Cards and even sent his own picture personalized to me! He did use my SASE.

RYAN J.

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Joeconleyenvelope.jpg

Picture:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Joeconleyautograph1.jpg

Index Cards:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Joeconleyautograph2.jpg