Autograph Questions and Discussion

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
I have some questions for you autograph experts. I have sent request to Amy Allen and Sam Jackson. Just curious if someone has tried them before and how long it took. Im going on about 3 months here.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I've sent letter to both of them and my results were:

2 pre-Prints back from Sam (This all depends on which address you used)

and 5 authentic ones from Amy, Though I did have to wait 3 years for her to reply! :eek:

RYAN-J

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Mazter_Jedi;80635 said:
I have some questions for you autograph experts. I have sent request to Amy Allen and Sam Jackson. Just curious if someone has tried them before and how long it took. Im going on about 3 months here.
Don't expect much from SLJ as he uses a secretary. :(

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
Mazter_Jedi;80635 said:

Amy - mine took about 2 years. Be prepared for a long wait.

Sam - Joel is right, he uses a secretary. To answer your question though, mine took about 3 months.

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
Thanks Ryan. Please let me know if you hear anything since you already have an account over there. As if you couldnt already tell, Im working on a TFU auto collection. Ill keep you posted.

dahoov2

New Recruit
I am a long time crusader of forgeries. though not in the public eye these days, I've done my share of signings, trading etc and know from whence I speak. Mark is one of the very first people I ever spoke to when I first started collecting and that's over 13 years plus now.

I will say this: anything bought off of Ebay, even by all of you here, is suspect. It's my view that anything bought, unless from a provable signing, is always suspect. If you bought from me, I would assume you'd feel it suspect even though I am the most honest person you'd ever meet. It's just how it is; unless you've seen it signed yourself, everything is suspect. with that said, people get offended when they get stuff in person and are selling and people question it. You shouldn't. It's business. Question EVERYTHING.

Now, the resolution of this is very simple. 1) the person posting this info after two years needs to let it go. They were refunded. The fact Mark refunded shows he's a good guy. 2) Before buying the item, the person needed to research and not trust blindly. Doing so is THEIR problem! Buyer beware as they said. and 3) Just because someone sold fakes, doesn't mean they did it on purpose. Everyone, even Autographworld, R&R Auction and Sotheby's makes errors. And Sotheby's is probably the most renowned auctionhouse in the entire world. I've seen fakes from Mark and all mentioned. I saw one in a catalog from Profiles in History too! When I buy, I research. And as far as Mark goes, I most certainly would buy from all his private signings. There's nothing forged about those. So it's not prudent to ruin someone over this. Just don't buy certain items if you are worried.

Oh yeah, one more thing... there's quite a difference between someone selling fakes "honestly" meaning they didn't realize it was and forging an item. So to call them a forger is reprehensible.

With all this said, I always think it's okay to speculate now and then. Just two days ago I won off Ebay a 4.00 index card signed by James Eckhouse. I spotted it and had a day left to decide and thought for that price I'd take a shot. It was inscribed to someone else so odds are it's legit or secretarial. Before I'd EVER consider selling or trading it though, I would personally research what I can and then be up front about where it came from. I would expect the buyer would be prudent enough to ask too; but from my experience is that those who yell the loudest about these things....they are the least to research or ask questions.

Lesson: RESEARCH.

Doc Greedo

New Recruit
It's Mark who should research before he buys fakes to sell them to other collectors and earn loads of $$$. And those fakes were soooooo bad! Not even a blind man would buy such a crap, how the "crusader against fakes" can? I don't trust that guy anymore.

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
Hey guys, I got a quick question for yall. I have quite a few autograph successes TTM but now Im thinking about trying some action figures TTM. How good is the success rate? Are stars less prone to sign a figure over a photo? And what is the best way to package the figure so that I can pre-pay the postage back? Thanks!

Ranana_coak

New Recruit
Last Page

you can see all the pages a visitor looks at when browsing the visitors and clicking the look for the last page and thats the last page they browsed, is that what you mean?

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Frankly Ranana_coak, your posts make no sense to me. :eek: And haven't you posted that saying in another topic??

RYAN-J

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
RYAN-J;84374 said:
Frankly Ranana_coak, your posts make no sense to me. :eek: And haven't you posted that saying in another topic??

RYAN-J

I may be mistaken but I believe it's just some sort of spam-bot. :rolleyes:

If you do a google search on that phrase it's been posted on hundreds of message boards. Why? I haven't the faintest idea. ;)

Wynterskye

New Recruit
Hi, I have a quick question about Dave Prowse and autograph personalization. Does he have sense of humour? I ask because other than the usual 'Dave Prowse is Darth Vader', when you get to request a personalization do you think he'd sign "Come over to the Dark Side, We have Cookies." - or would he find that offensive?

Thanks to whoever replies. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've only had the chance to meet Mr. Prowse once, and we didn't talk long enough for me to get an impression one way or another. I don't think he would have any problem with that though.