139 - Pernilla August (Shmi Skywalker)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Pernilla August is a veteran stage and film actress, having begun acting as a child. A native of Sweden, most of her performances are in Swedish movies, making them difficult for most American fans to view (or understand). To American fans, she is best known for her portrayal of Shmi Skywalker in The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Shortly after the Episode I came out, she also appeared in the lead role in Mary, Mother of Jesus on American television. She has also appeared in two episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. It is my understanding that at the time of the Episode I filming, she spoke little or no English, and learned all of her lines phonetically.

Her IMDB page can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000278/

Bothan Spies have had past and recent success with this address:

Pernilla August
c/o Agentfirman Planthaber/Kid'en
Kungsgstan 48
Stockholm 11135
Sweden

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I received a success from Ms. August today. :) She siged and inscribed my Evolutions card and a 3X5 photo of her I sent. The custom 3x5 Shmi autograph card was returned unsigned. Very pleased with this success. Took just over a year. I used the above address.

Sent 5/9/09
Received 5/17/10

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
That address has recently had a few RTS's on it - the new address, if anyone wants to try it, is:

Agentfirman Planthaber/Kilden
Drottninggatan 55
SE - 111 21 Stockholm
Sweden