047 - Lorne Peterson (ILM Model builder, Rebel Scout)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Lorne_Peterson.jpg

Lorne Peterson has a lengthy career in cinematic model building. Beginninng with A New Hope, Peterson has been a Model Builder with ILM for all six Star Wars movies. He has also worked on countless other blockbuster movies, including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, ET, Jurassic Park, Star Trek: Generations, Men in Black, Lemony Snickett, and War of the Worlds. He has also appeared on film twice: as the Rebel Scout on the watchtower on Yavin in A New Hope, and as a Mos Espa citizen in Phantom Menace.

You can check out Mr. Peterson’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0677285/

Of note, a Rebel Sentry appears on Decipher CCG cards Yavin Sentry and Yavin 4 Trooper. Presumably these depict Mr. Peterson, or at least the same character and setting. Empire Strikes Back widevision card #64 has a photo of Mr. Peterson on the back. He apparently is also on vintage Star Wars card #311. Other cards may exist.

Only a couple of test results exist, but both were quite successful, garnering results in a month or less this past winter. In both cases, Mr. Peterson signed and inscribed items sent to him. This is an excellent opportunity to get a major autograph from the world of movie special effects.

Lorne Peterson
c/o Industrial Light & Magic
PO Box 2459
San Rafael CA 94912
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0047 Lorne Peterson ep1 1.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson ep1 1.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 742
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 1.2.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 1.2.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 601
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 2.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 2.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 605
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson epX 1.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson epX 1.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 690

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 047 - Lorne Peterson (ILM Model builder, Rebel Scout)

Received a resposne today. :) Mr Peterson signed all three of my cards, and wrote a note on the bottom of my letter. Response took just over three months (mailed 3/3/06, recived 6/12/06).

Apparently he is writing a new SW book entitled Sculpting a Galaxy. A Special Edition will come with a small speeder and tiny Death Star pieces, along the lines of the currently available Dressing a Galaxy book.

Attachments

• TBS_Peterson_sig.jpg
    TBS_Peterson_sig.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 582

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Re: TBS Autograph Project 047 - Lorne Peterson (ILM Model builder, Rebel Scout)

I got my Lorne Peterson autographs back yesterday too!!!!! He also wrote a little note under my original letter telling me about Sculpting a Galaxy.

SUCCESS
TYPE: Tester Sent Item
WHAT KIND OF ITEM: Letter, SASE, Rots topps Widevision cards #68 & #70 and two purple IC's.
TESTER COMMENTS
Mr. Peterson signed all my items in black sharpie. he also wrote a little note telling me about a book he is writing called: Sculpting a Galaxy.
RYAN J. P.S. he did use my SASE.
Date Sent: 3/2/2006 Date Sent: 6/12/2006 Time Taken: 102 days

Here's a picture!!
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/LornePetersonAutographs.jpg

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Mr. Peterson signed and personalized my two photos. Additionally he added a similar note to what others posted on my note re. his upcoming book.

Mailed on 6/22/2006
Received on 9/05/2006

Scan on my site

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Ok this is odd.

I sent Mr. Peterson a second request apparently - I think by mistake. Used the same address I'd used before - but this one came back RTS, no longer at this address.

So, either Mr. Peterson has changed his signing habits in the recent weeks - or perhaps they keep a list of successes and RTS you if you're a duplicate?

Odd. At least I got my SASE back unused.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Sarasotarockstr said:
Ok this is odd.

I sent Mr. Peterson a second request apparently - I think by mistake. Used the same address I'd used before - but this one came back RTS, no longer at this address.

So, either Mr. Peterson has changed his signing habits in the recent weeks - or perhaps they keep a list of successes and RTS you if you're a duplicate?

Odd. At least I got my SASE back unused.

He might. That's Why I always send around 4 or 5 items for them to sign.

RYAN J.

Got success today.Mr. Peterson signed 2 trading cards,3 ccg,1 tcg & 1 index card.Total 7 autos.WOW!!!:eek:

Great success and what a nice guy:p

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
my response came today
He signed all of my items, but something to note is that ILM moved. I used the address in the first post and they did forward it to the new address. It's difficult to make out, but it looks like the new address is ...

Lorne Peterson
c/o Industrial Light & Magic
90 Windward Way
San Rafael CA 94901
USA

Anyway, good success and in 21 days. He made no mention of his book, but i mentioned it in my letter.

Attachments

• 0047 Lorne Peterson ep1 1 success.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson ep1 1 success.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 1 success.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson ep4 1 success.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 497
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson epX 1 success.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson epX 1 success.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 560
  • 0047 Lorne Peterson epX 2 success.jpg
    0047 Lorne Peterson epX 2 success.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 585

colin the hutt

New Recruit
recived reply today signed all my stuff and wrote a short note on the bottom of my letter answering my questions
sent 6th march 2007 and recived 20th march 2007 very quick as im in the uk

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Nice success today! 3 photos, letter, SAE, $. Very nice success. Signed all three photos, with inscription and answered my questions. Thank you!!