031 - Colin Skeaping (Luke's stunt-double, Stormtrooper)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_SKeaping.jpg

Mr. Skeaping is primarily a stunt coordinator and performer. He has a huge list of film credits to his name. Included on this list are: 28 Days Later, Neverwhere, Goldeneye, Supermans I though III, Batman (1989), Return to Oz, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, an American Werewolf in London, and four other James Bond movies.

Mr. Skeaping also participated in all three classic Star Wars movies as Mark Hamill’s stunt double. In addition, he filled in other small roles such as Stormtroopers. Mr. Skeaping is probably best known in SW for the scene where Luke is hurled out the window in Cloud City while dueling Darth Vader.

You can check out Mr. Skeaping’s IMDB filmography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0803943/

Mr. Skeaping has been an elusive autograph to get. I have only seen one result to back up this address, but it was a success. I’ll get my own request out soon. Hopefully I can add another success to the record. :) In the previous success, Mr. Skeaping signed photos that were sent to him.

Colin Skeaping
Oakhurst
89 Manor Road
North Hinchley
Wood. KT10 0QX
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0031 Colin Skeaping ep4 1.jpg
    0031 Colin Skeaping ep4 1.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 0031 Colin Skeaping ep5 1.2.jpg
    0031 Colin Skeaping ep5 1.2.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 961
  • 0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 1.jpg
    0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 1.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 964
  • 0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 3.2.jpg
    0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 3.2.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 906
  • 0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 5.2.jpg
    0031 Colin Skeaping ep6 5.2.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 1,113

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 031 - Colin Skeaping (Luke's stunt-double, Stormtrooper)

Mailed out today a letter, an 8x10, and 2 IRCs.

Re: TBS Autograph Project 031 - Colin Skeaping (Luke's stunt-double, Stormtrooper)

I wrote to him at this address earlier this year asking if he would be kind enough to sign a photo for me that had already been signed Tracey Eddon (beacsue of this I didnt just send the photo straight away). He e-mailed me back saying if I sent him the photo he would be happy to sign it. When it came back he had signed the top loader instead of the photo so I e-mailed him explaining what had happened and he asked me to send it again, apologising for what had happened. he seemed like a really genuine nice guy. The second pic was purchased from a fellow collector who met Colin when he was at Colectormania

http://pub36.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=107436&usernum=3058452740
http://pub36.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=107445&usernum=3058452740

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 031 - Colin Skeaping (Lu

jedicouncil said:
I wrote to him at this address earlier this year asking if he would be kind enough to sign a photo for me that had already been signed Tracey Eddon (beacsue of this I didnt just send the photo straight away). He e-mailed me back saying if I sent him the photo he would be happy to sign it. When it came back he had signed the top loader instead of the photo so I e-mailed him explaining what had happened and he asked me to send it again, apologising for what had happened. he seemed like a really genuine nice guy. The second pic was purchased from a fellow collector who met Colin when he was at Colectormania

http://pub36.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=107436&usernum=3058452740
http://pub36.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=107445&usernum=3058452740
Cool success! Did you use this address? Could you please PM me his email address? I'd like to get in contact with him because I've sent a couple requests his way, and haven't gotten anything back yet.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Got a semi-success from this new address. I say Semi-Success because I did get a response but it didn't turn out quite as nice. Colin did sign a photo for me, but he managed to smudge his signature:
86499skeapingweb122343lhp4.jpg

and he kept my widevision trading card citing his fear of it ending up on ebay, as stated in his letter to me:

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
BTW - Anyone looking for a terrific look at him performing this stunt should try to hunt down a copy of "Building Empire", a pretty damn amazing behind the scenes look at the making of the film.

It has a TON of rare, on-set footage - including a shot of him doing the gymnastic move he mentions through the letter. Definately gave me more of an appreciation of this stunt!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Got a second success from Mr. Skeaping today, as I wasn't too pleased with the last one. (Don't you love that about TTM collecting?) So this time, I sent him a silver sharpie along with the photo, and he actually used it! Unfortunately the PO folded the envelope! :(
skeapingxk7.jpg

This took 10 Days!! That's from the US to the UK and Back! :eek: That edges out my success from the Freeborns for the fastest UK return by a day.

Congrats,Joel!!!Which address you used?

I sent him on May last year with the new address,still nothing back yet:(

So I think I should send him again with the address above;)

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Bounty CK;78810 said:
Congrats,Joel!!!Which address you used?

I sent him on May last year with the new address,still nothing back yet:(

So I think I should send him again with the address above;)

The same one on the letter I got last time. :cool:

Holla300

The Best Bounty
I think I will send him a request in a few days. Does he still sign 1 item? I wonder if I asked him to personalize 2 would he do it?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Holla300;78986 said:
I think I will send him a request in a few days. Does he still sign 1 item? I wonder if I asked him to personalize 2 would he do it?
I doubt it, just send one item as he says.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Jedi_Joel;78992 said:
I doubt it, just send one item as he says.
I don't see how people can sell personlized autographs on ebay though not unless you have the same name. Kinda weird to me. I will only send one. I will let everyone know about my result :cool:

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Holla300;78993 said:
I don't see how people can sell personlized autographs on ebay though not unless you have the same name. Kinda weird to me. I will only send one. I will let everyone know about my result :cool:
*shrugs* It's his policy, not mine. I sent 2 items, requested both to be inscribed, and you saw the response I got. Can't do much about that.