028 - Clive Revill (original voice of Emperor Palpatine in ESB)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Revill.jpg

Mr. Revill has had a highly successful career on stage and film. Over the years he has been nominated many times for awards for his delightfully comical stage performances. He has also made many television appearances and voice-overs from the 1980s through today. He has a role in the recent Crime and Punishment, and had appeared in Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and The Diary of Anne Frank.

He has also appeared in recent popular shows including Babylon 5, Star Trek:TNG (playing Sir Guy of Gisborn in Qpid), Lois and Clark: The Adventures of Superman, and has lent his voice talents to Return to Neverland and Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas.

Mr. Revill is also well known for his many cartoon voice talents. He voiced Alfred in a handful of Batman: TAS episodes, and was also the voice of Kickback in Transformers. He lent his talents to the X-Wing vs. TE Fighter computer game, and also voiced General Dodonna in the first X-Wing game.

In the Star Wars universe, however, Mr. Revill is best known as being the first to voice Emperor Palpatine in The Empire Strikes Back. Although his lines have been replaced in the new DVDs, most fan still remember his voice when they think of those scenes. It should be noted that the original hologram of the Emperor was not his likeness, only his voice.

You can check out Mr. Revill’s IMDB filmography and short biography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0720890/

Mr. Reville has an interview in Star Wars Insider magazine #49, also available here:

http://www.wizardsandwarriors.org/show/articles/starwars.htm

Mr. Revill is a great signer. He has always been happy to sign for his fans. He will sign and personalize just about anything you send him. I have heard that he does not wish to sign images of the new hologram Emperor from the DVDs. Obviously, these represent neither his likeness nor voice, and most actors won’t sign anything that does not represent them out of professional integrity. That said, most people receive responses very quickly--usually in less than two weeks. Sometimes they can take a great deal longer, but I suspect those are due to postal mishaps.

Clive Revill
15029 Encanto Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-4409
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0028 Clive Revill ep5 1.jpg
    0028 Clive Revill ep5 1.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 6,562
  • 0028 Clive Revill epx 1.jpg
    0028 Clive Revill epx 1.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 4,061

Yodasnews

New Recruit
Re: TBS Autograph Project 028 - Clive Revill (original voice of Emperor Palpatine in ESB)

Last week Clive Revill sent me a very nice 4x6 card with his name at the top and personalized to me. This my first return for the Autograph projects here, took about 20 days.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 028 - Clive Revill (original voice of Emperor Palpatine in ESB)

Cool result. Thanks for posting. :) Every little update keeps this section running. :cool:

Yodasnews

New Recruit

I will post a picture tonight!

Edit. Pic Added:

yodasautos7.jpg

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

I sent 2 notecards to him last week. I'll let you know when I recieve them.

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

I recieved my notecards signed as well as a signed picture he included a few days ago.:dance:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Excellent! So are you new to autograph collecting Doom, or just expanding you collection? What is your primary means of obtaining autographs? (mail, in-person, purchase, private signing, etc). I've obtained most of mine through the mail. I like the price. ;)

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

darthskelington said:
Excellent! So are you new to autograph collecting Doom, or just expanding you collection? What is your primary means of obtaining autographs? (mail, in-person, purchase, private signing, etc). I've obtained most of mine through the mail. I like the price. ;)

I've been into autographs for a while now. Ian_C thankfully showed me this site, and I'm glad he did, I love this section! I already had the ones I've commented on pending when I joined I believe. My primary means of collecting is TTM, but I try to get in person ones when I can (Indiana isn't exactly convention heaven, besides C3 and Gencon). Occasionally I'll buy from places like Wattos, Official Pix, or Bounty Hunter. I agree, the TTM price is quite nice :)

I mainly send to just U.S. people. I have a collecting buddy in England who gets all the UK people for me and we trade about every 2 months.

Do you need any help with these autograph projects? I'd be glad to help if you did.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

SUCCESS
TYPE: Tester Sent Item
WHAT KIND OF ITEM: 4 lime green index cards and SASE
TESTER COMMENTS
Mr. Revill Pesonalized and signed all 4 cards and included his own card with the answer to a question I asked him in my letter! He did use my SASE. Great guy! fast response! RYAN J.
Date Sent: 1/26/2006 Date Sent: 2/23/2006 Time Taken: 28 days
Submitted By: rj

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, he will probably only sign pics from the classic ESB, as he had nothing to do with ROTJ. There are two great widevision cards featuring the classic Emperor in the old ESB Widevision set. Alternately you could screen-capture off the new dvds or search the web for a halfway decent pic. AmShak posted one of his custom photos above, as well.

You can also send generic ESB pics or index cards....he seems willing to sign most items...just not items that specificly feature someone else portraying the emperor.

Thanks for your answer,darthskelington:)

I'm just interesting to see this signed card:cool:

voice_palpatine01.jpg

This absolutely from ROTJ.Maybe I can send the same card to him to sign:D

Chewie;76025 said:
I sent off in June of 2006 and still nothing back for over a year.

Hope you will get yours soon:)

I plan to send a request but I want to see a latest success to support:cool:

gmess

New Recruit
I've been watching for a new test result for him for awhile now and finally someone on Wattographs got one just about a week ago! Took less than 2 weeks too! Chewie looks like you might have to re-send!

SUCCESS - Fan sent item
Item Type: I sent Mr Revill two cards, 1 custom card ans 1 finest.
Sender Comments: Mr Revell signed the Custom card but keept the Finest. shame as I really wanted that for my collection.
Date Sent: 6/26/2007 Date Returned: 7/9/2007
Time Taken: 13 days Submitted By: Michael Nielsen