018 - Barry Robertson (Gamorrean Guard)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Robertson_Gamor.jpg

Our latest project is Barry Robertson. Mr. Robertson performed one of the Gamorrean Guards in Jabba’s palace. And that’s it. :p He has no other credits to his IMDB filmography, and I can find no further information about him.

However, Mr. Robertson does sign through the mail. He signs just about anything sent to him, and occasionally sends items of his own. Sometimes he will write responses or answer questions. He reportedly does not make convention appearances, though, as he does not believe in charging people for his autograph.

If you are interested in his autograph, just send him your request and an item, and you're pretty much set. :) Other people have reported results ranging from 5 to 12 days, so I would say it’s a good bet you’ll get a response in less than a month. That’s very fast, so take advantage of this opportunity.

Barry Robertson
c/o 8 Windermere Street,
Staffordshire, ST1 5EL
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 1.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 1.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 623
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 2.2.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 2.2.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 3.2.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 3.2.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 565
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 5.2.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 5.2.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 572
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 7.2.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 7.2.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 602

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 018 - Barry Robertson (Gamorrean Guard)

Mailed my request today. It included 2 each of trading cards and index cards, a #10 SASE and one IRC. :cool:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Got a response today :) Mr. Robertson was kind enough to sign my cards, and sent several of his own. All said, I wound up with two signed trading cards, 2 personalied index cards, 2 more signed indexes, a short letter (touching on some questions I had), a X-Mas card, and he signed my SASE.

Overall an outstanding response. :D:):D 30 days.

Attachments

• robertson sig 1.jpg
    robertson sig 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 588
  • robertson sig 2.jpg
    robertson sig 2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 611

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Images added to the first post for anyone wishing to use them.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Now that i finally have my post office on track with the IRC's, i can finally send some of these non-us requests that i have.
Request sent today

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
My response was similar to skellington's. He signed all of the items that i sent, added two of his own index cards and signed the SASE. the only odd things is that he returned the 2 IRCs that i sent. I'm not sure what that means but i guess i'll use them for something else. on the note that he sent, he did ask about the cards that i sent, that i made. i think i will send him another letter this week explaining the cards, thanking him again and perhaps i'll ask about the IRCs.

a very good response
14 days

Attachments

• 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 1 success.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 1 success.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 571
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 3 success.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 3 success.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 602
  • 0018 Barry Robertson ep6 7 success.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson ep6 7 success.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 563
  • 0018 Barry Robertson epX success 01.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson epX success 01.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 0018 Barry Robertson epX success 02.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson epX success 02.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 538

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the two cards of his own that he included

Attachments

• 0018 Barry Robertson epX success 03.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson epX success 03.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 532
  • 0018 Barry Robertson epX success 04.jpg
    0018 Barry Robertson epX success 04.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 632

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
All I can say is WOW! I opened the mail box today and Saw my SAE from Barry Robertson!! When I got to the house I opened it up
And was totally blown away! He signed all 3 of my pictures and also included 3 Index cards and A Long letter answering my
questions!! You have to see the pictures below! I was also shocked at how long it took for him to respond! Only 9 days!!

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Barry_Robertson_Envelope.jpg

Autographs 1:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Barry_Robertson_Autographs_01.jpg

Autographs 2:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Barry_Robertson_Autographs_02.jpg

Autographs 3:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Barry_Robertson_Autographs_03.jpg

Letter:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Barry_Robertson_Letter.jpg

Sent: March 30th 2007

Replied: April 7th 2007

Days taken: 9

RYAN J.

pigguardbarry

New Recruit
Thank you to all the genuine "Star Wars" fans out there. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I have recently had some pictures that I signed being sold by a German collector on the EBAY auction website. I have always signed for free - but it is very sad that some people seem to want to profit. Does anyone know what I can do to stop things I've signed from being sold on by dealers?

B.R.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hello Mr Robertson,

Welcome to the forums. I'm very glad to hear that you are browsing our humble site.

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with signing, not pleasant. One thing that might dissuade them is to personalise each signing - 'To Barry' will probably only be of interest to people named Barry, thereby at least limiting the resale potential?

I can only speak for myself when I say that my collection is something for me, that I enjoy and would never consider trying to profit from - thats what my day job is for :p

Boru

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Agreed - most collectors in our happy community like their items personalized to them. Personalization is one of the best steps to take to keep the autographs from ending up on eBAY.

Welcome to the site - I actually mailed you a letter in the last couple days and asked for a personalization. Looks like I may be accomodated. :)

May The Force Be With You!

Bret

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hello Mr. Robertson!

I'm glad to see that you here as a new member!! I'm really sorry about people selling your autographs for a profit on Ebay :( like the others said Personalizing will help. You also might want to Limit the quanity of how many autographs you sign for a single fan. Far example; If a fan sends 4 8x10's that all all the same, Most likely He/She will keep one of them and sell the other 3 on Ebay.

Thanks again for becoming a member! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here! :D

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Welcome Mr. Robertson! I too am sorry to hear about your ebay troubles. Yes, personalization does help....and the real fans do appreciate everything you have done to accomodate them in the past. You signed some index cards for me a little over a year ago, and included a Christmas card with a note, not to mention your cool little Gamorrean sketches. Your response was one of the most amazing I have received from a Star Wars celebrity, and it really means a lot to me. Thank you very much for your time and effort. :)

I hope your ebay experience hasn't soured your opinion of signing for your fans. Ryan makes a good point about people sending multiple high-quality 8X10's to be signed...it can be suspicious. I don't want to imply non-personalized signatures are all bad....some people want to pass their collections on to family members..or trade with others. Still...it's surprising anyone would try and sell an autograph that you gladly give out for free. :(

If you ever see an auction like that again...you could contact the bidders and let them know you would sign for free..which would give them the option of cancelling their bids and foiling the auction. :)

Skywalker

New Recruit
pigguardbarry;75236 said:
Thank you to all the genuine "Star Wars" fans out there. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Hi Barry! Welcome and also thanks, you signed the items I sent in April 2005.

pigguardbarry;75236 said:
I have recently had some pictures that I signed being sold by a German collector on the EBAY auction website. I have always signed for free - but it is very sad that some people seem to want to profit. Does anyone know what I can do to stop things I've signed from being sold on by dealers?

I’m afraid you can’t stop it. It’s usual that people sell autgraphs on eBay (unfortunately selling fake autographs is even more usual.... :( ). Many people doesn’t like it, but I guess there’s nothing you can do. Personalizing isn't a big problem for sellers, because sometimes it's possible to remove the personalization.

By the way folks, the german collector who sold the items was not me....