009 - Deep Roy (Droopy McCool, Ewok)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Roy.jpg

Our newest autograph project, Deep Roy, is a timely one. His amazing portrayal of over 150 Oompa Loompas in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory just came out on DVD. :D If that weren’t enough, Mr. Roy has lent his talents to numerous other movies, including Corpse Bride, Planet of the Apes, Big Fish, Van Helsing, Return to Oz, Flash Gordon, and the Pink Panther Strikes Again, just to name a few. He has also appeared in The X-Files, and various episodes of Doctor Who and Blake’s 7.

More to the point, the 4’ 4” Deep Roy also performed fan favorite Rebo Band member Droopy McCool, and had a side job as an Ewok and puppeteer.

You can check out Mr. Roy’s IMDB filmography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0746989/

For interviews, photos, and more, check out his website:

http://www.deep-roy.com/

Mr. Roy seems more than happy to sign for his fans. On occasion he will also send out his own B&W 8X10. Responses seem to be between 10 and 40 days, which is very quick. Now is a perfect opportunity to grab this increasingly popular actor’s signature. Don’t forget to log your request. Post it here if you like!

Deep Roy
c/o Kruglov
7461 Beverly Blvd. #403
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0009 Deep Roy ep6 2.2.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy ep6 2.2.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 907
  • 0009 Deep Roy ep6 3.2.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy ep6 3.2.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 944
  • 0009 Deep Roy ep6 4.2.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy ep6 4.2.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 1,128

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 009 - Deep Roy (Droopy McCool, Ewok)

My request is going out today :D I'm sending a vintage card and some index cards, along with a large return envelope in hopes of receiving an 8X10. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Got a reponse yesterday. :) Mr. Roy signed and inscribed all three of my cards, plus sent his own photo. Fairly quick response....right at 21 days.

Attachments

• Deep Roy sig.jpg
    Deep Roy sig.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 3,166

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Images added to the first post for anyone wishing to use them.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

My request was sent today.

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
I had all but forgotten about this one.

Today I received back the two photos I sent to Deep Roy of Droopy McCool both signed and personalized.

Mailed 6/7/06, received 12/4/06.

Here's the scan

Attachments

• roy.jpg
    roy.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 702

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
after a dry spell....my request came back yesterday. much like everyone else, he signed the items that i sent and included his own 8x10

about 5 1/2 months

Attachments

• 0009 Deep Roy ep6 2 success.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy ep6 2 success.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 692
  • 0009 Deep Roy ep6 3 success.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy ep6 3 success.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 694
  • 0009 Deep Roy epX 1 success.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy epX 1 success.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 834
  • 0009 Deep Roy epX 2 success.jpg
    0009 Deep Roy epX 2 success.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 1,278

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Any luck with Mr. Roy lately? I sent him back in November, but it looks like it takes a while to get a response. I guess with him in the new Star Trek movie he might be under a little more demand.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Fellas, it's been a while but I had a great encounter tonight. I am in San Juan, Puerto Rico working and happened to notice a very familiar face in the hotel lobby. None other than the great Mr. Deep Roy!!!! I hate bugging celebs in any setting outside of the normal meet and greets but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. I missed him in Dallas b/c I was out of town. I casually introduced myself to Mr. Roy and he was undoubtedly the nicest guy I've ever met. He's here filming a new movie. He was very courteous, thanked me repeatedly and turned away my apologies for bugging him. I can tell you without a doubt that this gentleman is a class act. Mr. Roy, it was an honor and a pleasure meeting you and I cannot thank you enough for the memories! What a great guy!!!!!!!! :)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
That's so cool! Deep is an extremely awesome guy. Hope I get a chance to meet him In-Person one day! Do you know what film it is he's working on?

RYAN-J

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
RYAN-J;86742 said:
Do you know what film it is he's working on?

RYAN-J

I didn't ask him unfortunately. He said it was his first day there. IMDB doesn't have anything listed for him in production that I could see.

Here's my pic...

Attachments

• IMG00005-20100511-2327.jpg
    IMG00005-20100511-2327.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 698

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Great pic!! Looks like you had a fantastic time. Can't wait to find out what his new film is going to be. :D I'm sure IMDB will update it soon.

RYAN-J

Corran(Horn

Red Squadron
SUCCESS!!!

Mr. Deep Roy signed 2 CCGs for me!!! what a pleasant surprise!!

Took roughly 1/2 year, but it was worth the wait.

Thank you, Mr. Deep Roy!

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
I was thinking of sending a Star Wars pic of him to sign after meeting him in Puerto Rico but noticed on Star Tiger that they actually list this address:

c/o Victor Kruglov Artist Mgmt.
7461 Beverly Blvd. Suite 303
Los Angeles,CA 90036

I went to this link http://www.kruglovmanagement.com/ and they have him listed as one of their actors, and they also show the address above. Looks like we may have the suite number wrong on this thread but they've managed to make their way over. I'll send one to Suite 303 and see what happens.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Received my pics back signed from Mr. Roy in early March using this address:

c/o Victor Kruglov Artist Mgmt.
7461 Beverly Blvd. Suite 303
Los Angeles,CA 90036

Took around 230 days. He signed three pics for me and also wrote a nice note thanking me on my cardboard backing/insert. Thanks so much Mr. Roy!