003 - James Earl Jones (Voice of Darth Vader)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Whew, this helps. Thanks for the encouragement...and definitely for the insight!

Sevb30;73319 said:
Don't sweat it too much, I am a member at startiger.com (formerly stararchive.com).I watch the test results there and on here, rebelscum forums, wattographs forums, fanmail.biz forums and Jones has yet to send any photos that were sent to him back yet this year, I think the last batch/wave of of him returning photos signed was in December. A couple of people have gotten back his headshot photos from him lately, but they weren't personalized so those people likely didn't send anything for him to sign so his mail handlers sent out headshot pics from a stack he had pre-signed. Don't sweat it, I'm betting within the next month people will start getting their stuff back signed. By the way, James Earl Jones is in Washington DC hosting a Jazz festival this week according to this.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/01/AR2007030100401.html

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
There are many I'd be afraid to send previously signed pics too - James Earl Jones isn't one of them. The one failure I ever got from him he sent back the pics unsigned. Every other time (2 or 3 over the years) he's graciously signed all I sent.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Awesome, I appreciate the comments from both of you guys. I'll definitely sleep a little easier now. Thanks again!!!!

Sarasotarockstr;73326 said:
There are many I'd be afraid to send previously signed pics too - James Earl Jones isn't one of them. The one failure I ever got from him he sent back the pics unsigned. Every other time (2 or 3 over the years) he's graciously signed all I sent.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
star_wars_fan;73327 said:
Awesome, I appreciate the comments from both of you guys. I'll definitely sleep a little easier now. Thanks again!!!!

Just so you know, the upper end of the return spectrum for JEJ isn't 2 months, but more in the neighborhood of 3 and a half months.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Jedi_Joel;73331 said:
Just so you know, the upper end of the return spectrum for JEJ isn't 2 months, but more in the neighborhood of 3 and a half months.

That's good to know to, I was just going off the comment as part of the intro that, "Mr. Jones signs regularly, so you could expect results in about month, rarely more than two months." Thanks Joel, this one even makes me feel better about it. I appreciate all of your thoughts guys, I'm not sweating this one any longer. Thanks again!

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Doh! I was extremely thrilled today when I saw a postmark from NY...alas, it wasn't my JEJ. Turned out to be a Jerry Stiller pic that I sent c/o King of Queens. Still a great success, but I eagerly await my JEJ with each trip to the mailbox. Best of luck to everybody with outstanding requests. Any recent news or updates?

Matt

New Recruit
Hello star wars fan, I too have been debating whether to send my already signed pic to Mr. Jones. I got Dave Prowse and Jerremy Bulloch at a convention here in the U.K. and then nervousley sent it to Jason Wingreen who signed it no problem. My main worry was it getting damaged or lost, has anyone ever sent anything by registered/recorded delivery?
My next problem would then be getting Billy Dee Williams signature?!
I hope you receive your pic soon, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
I've only had one non-success ever from JE Jones and he returned the photos in that case. Every other time I've always received everything back signed.

I'd think you're safe...plus worst case scenario everyone that's signed your pic so far are good signers so you can always get a replacement.

Sevb30

New Recruit
To my knowledge, from several sites I regularly check, no one has got their items back signed in over 3 months from Jones.
Those who just sent SASEs have gotten back non personalized signed headshots, which were probably from a stack he keeps that he pre-signs.

Matt

New Recruit
:eek: AAAAGGGHHH!!
I've just returned from the post office having sent my already signed pic to Mr. Jones to find Sevb30's post!
Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens? And as Sarasotarockstr says, the 3 signatures are relatively easy to obtain.
Or maybe if he's had enough of signing I'll just get a return to sender?
Everything will be crossed for the next few months :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
It's possible he's working on a project and hasn't had time to sign. I just sent a action figure request off to him today, on behalf of Darth Boru.

Sevb30

New Recruit
I'm still not sweating it. If he goes another three months without signing items, then I will start worrying.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Sevb30;74072 said:
I'm still not sweating it. If he goes another three months without signing items, then I will start worrying.

I agree. I'm not totally sweating things yet because he has been so historically great to his fans. Somebody mentioned earlier that he was doing a jazz fest or something like that and is probably just really busy. My thought is that the wait is going to make it that much sweeter when it finally comes back! Good luck everybody.

I'm still waiting for my 2nd request which sent him on 8 Jan. 2007.My first success in Nov. after 2 months waiting.Now 3 months gone,I haven't heard anyone got success TTM in that period.Most are got items back with unsigned.I hope he is really busy,no time to return the mail.So let's wait for a few more months.:cool:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I have not seen any yet. My fingers look like curly fries from Burger King now since they have been crossed so long:D :D :D J/K:p

RYAN-J

Sevb30

New Recruit
To my knowledge from looking at multiple autograph sites, no one had gotten anything back signed from Jones since late December 06. Hope he is well now and has not given up on his fanmail. It is kinda rare for him to go this long.