Search results

1. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 287 - Birds Eye Frozen Pasta and Veggies

A new arrival to the frozen food section of grocery stores in the US is Birds Eye frozen pasta and veggies. So far, two different 10oz packages have been found: Yoda Pasta & Broccoli with a White Cheese Sauce and R2-D2 Pasta & Green Beans with a Marinara Sauce. Birds Eye products are carried...
  2. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 286 - TFA Flavorice

2015-2016 has brought about a surge in frozen Star Wars treats in the US. FlaVorIce released boxes featuring Star Wars freezer pop tubes and classic character cards you can cut out from the box last summer. Following the release of The Force Awakens, new smaller boxes with cut-out bookmarks...
  3. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 285 - Coca-Cola cups from New Zealand/Australia

I was recently lucky enough to acquire a complete set of vintage Star Wars Coca Cola cups from New Zealand/Australia. I've been looking for these for a few years now, ever since fellow spy Buzz told me about his childhood cups, and this set practically fell in my lap. Using the same artwork...
  4. darthskellington

Star Wars Spaghettios

Found these yesterday at Walmart. So far just the two can designs, although they were heavy on the Yoda cans. Since there are multiple Campbells soup cans on the way, it's possible there are more designs for the Spaghettios as well.
  5. darthskellington

Star Wars Campbell's Soup

Coming soon, to a galaxy (or supermarket) near you: Campbell's Healthy Kids Star Wars Soup! Featuring pasta in four out-of-this-world shapes: Stormtrooper, Vader, R2-D2, and Yoda. The images below are of card inserts for a Campbell's soup can roll-down fixture. No sign of the soup yet, but...
  6. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 284 - Krave cereal from Mexico

Here is one of my acquisitions from Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. Kellogg's Krave cereal from Mexico. This was released in 2012-2013 to promote Episode I in 3D. This box ranks up there as one of my fave foreign items, purely for the crazy character art on the box. The front features an evil...
  7. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 283 - Star Wars Apples

While hunting for Star Wars Mac & Cheese today, I came across a 5-lb bag of Star Wars apples at a local Cost Plus grocery store. They also had Frozen themed apple bags. The apples are distributed by the Sage Fruit Company, which is a large distributor of apples and other fruit, meaning these...
  8. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 282 - Crest Pro-Health Jr. Star Wars Toothpaste

Stumbled across some new Crest Pro-Health Jr. Star Wars toothpaste at Target today. The 4.2 oz box features Vader on one side, Yoda on the other, and both together on the top. Inside the tube features both characters as well. Retails for around $3.00.
  9. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 281 - Star Wars Dive Sticks

Another new summer toy hitting shelves is a pair of Lightsaber Dive Sticks by Swimways. The sabers light up either green or blue when they make contact with water. You can test this feature by touching the two metal contacts on the hilt simultaneously, similar to the Super-Deformed Palm Talker...
  10. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 280 - Star Wars Bubbles

A new line of Star Wars Bubble Solution bottles are starting to hit shelves. These were spotted at Target. Three different bottles include R2-D2, Yoda, and Darth Vader, and are manufactured by Imperial Toy LLC. For such a staple of summer time outdoor fun, there have been very few Star Wars...
  11. darthskellington

Neon Star Wars

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/star-wars-and-jurassic-park-trailers-animated-in-cool-n-1681998355?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow A cool neon style version of the new SW trailer and Jurassic Park. :)
  12. darthskellington

Star Wars Mac n Cheese

Received a tip from a fellow Spy that SW themed Mac n Cheese is beginning to pop up in grocery stores. Apparently there will be 8 different boxes.
  13. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 279 - China Satcom Calling Cards

Calling cards have been an ever present part of Star Wars collecting since its revival in the early 90s. Though no longer prevalent in the US, cards are still in use in many Asian and South American countries. The concept of putting a Star Wars image on an item to increase sales should come as...
  14. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 278 - Dixie Cup ESB Story Card boxes

Dixie Cups produced four different series of Star Wars cups for each of the three original movies. These cups featured scenes and characters from the movies. For The Empire Strikes Back, however, they also had a number of promotions available on non-Star Wars cup boxes. This included paper...
  15. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 277 - Empire Strikes Back UK Comics

Star Wars comics were a hit not just in the US, but in the UK as well. Marvel Comics Star Wars stories were printed in black and white, magazine size format in the UK, usually as an anthology. They often featured one or two other Marvel characters as back-up stories, along with short articles...
  16. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 276 - ROTJ Greeting Cards by Drawing Board

Drawing Board Greeting Cards, Inc. produced a wide range of cards for all three classic Star Wars movies, and the Ewoks animated series. They produced over 80 cards for all manner of occasions and holidays, including birthdays, Valentines, Halloween, and Christmas. While some cards were...
  17. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 275 - Fantastic Films Magazine

Fantastic Films was a Sci-Fi and Fantasy magazine that ran from 1978 to 1985. Released by Blake Publishing, the magazine focused on news and articles about the latest Sci-Fi films, but also included retrospectives on classics from the 50s and 60s. It ran for 46 issues, and not surprisingly...
  18. darthskellington

Australian placemats - bounty placed

I'm hunting for these (and any other related) placemats, released for the Empire Strikes Back in Australia. They appear to be a thick vinyl, similar to the Sigma placemats available in the US. If anyone comes across these, or knows someone who might have them for sale, please let me know. :)
  19. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 274 - Star Wars Gummy Vitamins

New Star Wars Gummy Multivitamins are now appearing at Target, and possibly other retailers. They retail for about $7.99 a bottle, although a current Target promotion earns you a $5 gift card with the purchase of two. Available in Sour Yoda, or Fruit Flavored Villain shapes: Darth Vader...
  20. darthskellington

Collectible of the Day 273 - Pepperidge Farm Star Wars Cookies

Today's collectibles are Star Wars cookie boxes from Pepperidge Farm. These were released in 1983 to coincide with Return of the Jedi. The three different flavors (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter) each had five unique character shaped cookies. As one of the few vintage food related...