Recent content by OneCardSHy

1. OneCardSHy

Bradford Exchange HO SCale Train Set

For Christmas we set up the Star Wars train set and I filled in the photos of the missing car, plus the new ones. Issue 2: Engine Car Issue 5: Yoda Dome Car Issue 6: Boba Fett Dome Car I've pretty much made up my mind to cancel the subscription to this set. The Engine and Engine Car...
  2. OneCardSHy

Star Wars Legal Tender Coins (New Zealand)

Believe it not, I'm going to 'pass' on this, just because of the concept. Series 1 "Millennium Falcon" and "Darth Vader" sets aren't selling very well for them. For series 2 they created four new coins ($125 each) and reused both of the original boxes (unsellable leftovers IMHO). This looks...
  3. OneCardSHy

eChocolate Eggs Confiscated at U.S. Border

2 Seattle men stopped at border for illegal candy "SEATTLE (AP) -- Two Seattle men say they spent more than two hours in a detention center at the Canadian border after U.S. border agents discovered illegal chocolate eggs in their car. Brandon Loo and Christopher Sweeney told KOMO-TV they...
  4. OneCardSHy

Hasbro could make more money with less cost for development

This may not work for action figures (since they are constantly under improvement) but for something like the Fighter Pods Hasbro could put out Series 1-12, give it a break of 2 years, and then re-introduce Series 1-12 (real time) all over again. At three series a year that's six years in...
  5. OneCardSHy

FOUND: Fighter Pods Series II

Hang on to your socks! Series 3 coming in 90'ish days and more on their way in 2013! From San Diego coverage:
  6. OneCardSHy

Random Collectibles

Perhaps 'random' was a bad choice of words on my part. The 'last' card in the set is a one-of-a-kind hand drawn original card of his choosing. He pre-drew 100 of them for his 100 sets. Since his commission work sells for $25 each, getting an original card in every $12 set is a bargain. I think...
  7. OneCardSHy

Random Collectibles

There was an artist trading card set which was originally only available on May 4th. He has given in to pressure (I can't imagine from where..... -whistles innocently-) to put his remaining sets back online for all the world to enjoy. They're $12 plus postage. Card number 18 is a random...
  8. OneCardSHy

Random Collectibles

In order to contain myself from starting dozens of threads just to post a photo or two of my more random collectibles, I'll stick them all in here. If you've got some really random or obscure pieces, by all means PLEASE join the fun! :D Let's kick things off with the Disney Imperial Bowling...
  9. OneCardSHy

Collectible of the Day 182 - Hungarian Star Wars comic

Here's a sneak preview for you! The entire Empire Strikes Back story is told in a single 32 page comic. The story is very fast paced and ends on page 27. It has crossword puzzles on pages 28-32, inside back cover, and back cover. The Wampa is imagined (reimagined?) as a giant rat with an...
  10. OneCardSHy

Mystery Coins from Cook Islands

Since there wasn't much else that could be added to this discussion of the Mystery Coins, I decided to hijack my own thread. :) Here is what the $1 coin looks like from the licensed 2005 Cook Island coin set: ... and here is what the silver $2 Death Star coin (part of the Darth Vader /...
  11. OneCardSHy

Issue 4 "Dome Car - Luke Skywalker": I must confess some disspointment receiving two dome cars back-to-back. It kind of smacked me of a Hasbro-style repait-and-reissue early in the series. I have high hopes of seeing some creativity here like a Death Star crane car, or a Millennium Falcon...
  12. OneCardSHy

Issue 3 "Dome Car - Darth Vader":
  13. OneCardSHy

Issue 2 "Engine Car": (Photo not taken yet -- just found it again)
  14. OneCardSHy

The Bradford Exchange is releasing Star Wars HO scale train cars at a rate of approximately 1 every three months. They're quite pricey for what they are ($75 each...). You can hop onto their 'easy payment plan' ($25 / month) and it's kind of fun to get the next mystery car every couple of...
  15. OneCardSHy

FOUND: Fighter Pods Series II

My EE 8-packs arrived today. If my observation about lack of 2-pack exclusives holds true, then you should be able to get a complete set by buying each of the 8-packs and then rounding your missing ones with the fully-visible 4-packs. If I'm wrong and there are 2-pack exclusives, I suspect...