New Posting Policies

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I intend to enact a few new anti-spam policies. These policies are not yet live, but I wanted to take a few minutes to explain my approach.

People with a base forum membership will no longer be able to freely post messages to the forum. Their postings will be moderated and only published after someone on staff has reviewed the message.

After a few successful posts, people with a base membership will automatically be promoted into the normal registered member group. At this time, you should expect to have the same privileges you currently do.

Promotions are applied on an hourly basis. So, once you meet the criteria for advancing to the new group, it could be up to an hour before that gets processed. In addition, promotions are only processed for users that have been active within the last 3 days.

To make the transition easier, I've already created and enabled the promotion process. HOWEVER, I have not started removing permissions from the base membership group. This should result in everyone being moved to the appropriate group in advance of the other changes.

If you're reading this and you haven't logged into the site in a while, you should take a minute to log in so that your account gets updated.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me. (slips a $1 bill under the laptop to get post moderated faster). ;)
  • You already have more than the required number of posts to be moved into the 'normal' group.
  • You've also logged into the site within the last 72 hours.
Therefore, you've already been automatically moved into the 'normal' group. So, once these other rules go into effect, you'll notice zero difference.
See how that works?