X-Wing Comics

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I'm interested in getting some off Ebay shortly but don't know which ones are the best. Anyone read any of them?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've read them all. If you're not picky about comics vs collections, you might consider buying Trade Paperbacks of some of the stories. Most of teh comics were written by Micahel Stackpole, who wrote teh X-WIng novels. The comics take place in teh years leading up to teh novels.

They recently started a new X-Wing series. I assume it is ongoing. The first three issues are called Rogue Leader, and are effectively the first Rogue Squadron story, s far as teh comics are concerned. (not counting teh Apple Jacks mail-away that flashes back to A New Hope.)

They are publising a new TPB with teh first few comics startng with teh new ROgue Leader and continuingin with Rebel Opposition and maybe the a third story arc.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here they are in reading order:

Apple Jacks SPecial (shortly before ANH)
Rogue Suadron #1/2 (don't rememebr when exactly it occurs)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron #1-3 - Rogue Leader (still available in comic stands)
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #1-4 - The Rebel Opposition
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #5-8 - The Phantom Affair
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #9-12 - Battleground: Tatooine
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #13-16 - The Warrior Princess
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #17-20 - Requiem for a Rogue
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #21-24 - In the Empire's Service
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #25 - The Making of Baron Fel
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #26-27 - Family Ties
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #28-30 - Masquerade
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #32-35 - Mandatory Retirement

Also
Star Wars Handbook #1: X-Wing Rogue Squadron (a guide)

Most of teh above are available as TPB. The stories pretty good. SOme better than others, but a good grounding, especially for teh core characters like Wedge, Wes, and Tycho, among others.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The New Rogue Leader story occurs one week after ROTJ (or a few days after teh battle of Bakura)

The rest of the currently released comics take place in that year after ROTJ (4yrs after ANH)

The 9 X-WIng Novels start up later:

7 years after ANH (2 years before Thrawn, 3 Before Dark EMpire)
Rogue Squadron novel Stackpole
Wedge's Gamble novel Stackpole
The Krytos Trap novel Stackpole
The Bacta War novel Stackpole
Wraith Squadron novel Allston
Iron Fist novel Allston
Solo Command novel Allston

9 years after ANH (afer Thrawn, before DArk EMpire)

Isard's Revenge novel Stackpole

13 years after ANH

Starfighters of Adumar novel Allston

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
hmm...if you had to choose, I'd just start at the beginning..or as close to it as you can. That new TPB might include Phantom Affair. I think I saw a description on Rebelscum..but I just don't recall now. I'll see what I can figure out.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Maybe I should just buy the TPB Volumes then. I'll have a look on Ebay and at my comic store the next time I'm there.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...from the looks of things they will continue to release these new compendiums collecting the stories. If so...these new ones would be ideal.