X-Men movie

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Saw X3 last night. Awesome. VERY awesome. Dont want to spoil it for anyone, but I can imagine some hard core fanboys being a bit annoyed at some of the 'happenings'. I know I was a bit - but the story is great and overall it was a very enjoyable, gripping movie. Well worth seeing for sure.

I only hope they make MORE, MANY MORE!!!

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I like the movie, but I think it lacked something that the previous movie had to make it great movie.

Also, not happy with some of the things that happened in the movie.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I really liked that! I'm glad I knew to stay until the end. :)

One think that bugged me, when Wolverine's having his confrontation with Jean, and he's getting blown apart, I kept wondering while his pants weren't coming off. :whoops:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
That end thing was secretly filmed........Patrick Stewart and the director and a skeleton crew filmed it early on during a lunch break. It was then presented to Fox after the movie was put together.

I like the movie a lot. I wish tehy had put in that extra half hour to develop some of the new characters/plot a little more. I;m okay with everything though. My only complaint is I wish they ahd given Phoenix more Fiery powers...even if it wasn't teh full blown alien entity Phoenix like in the comics. That was what made 2 so cool...the red glow and fiery eyes that hinted at things to come.

Oh well. Now i'm looking forward to the Wolverine Prequel. :D

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I'm too lazy to look on imdb.com, but what movies/tv shows has the actress who was the Dr. at the lab been in? I know her voice from somewhere.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
GRRRRRR..

I always hate when they do a ending after the credits. :( When I stay after the end they never have one (I am looking at you Harry Potter III). And when they do I miss it. (Pirates of the Caribbean and now X-men). Since I will not go to see again and I don't want to wait for the DVD, Can someone send me a PM telling me the end? :D

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hugh Jackman confirmed on a UK chat show the other night that there WILL be a Wolverine movie, so that'll be good.

If they do make another Xmen, I hope they DONT listen to too many fanboys who want Gambit involved. I never liked him even a bit - cant really figure out what kind of mutant he's supposed to be, I suppose. He just plain sucks compared to the others imho.

Alf

Agent
wookiee_cookiee said:
I really liked that! I'm glad I knew to stay until the end. :)

One think that bugged me, when Wolverine's having his confrontation with Jean, and he's getting blown apart, I kept wondering while his pants weren't coming off. :whoops:

yeah.. very disappointing. not even a glimpse of muscular Wolverine thigh :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
SPOILER ALERT

Well Maybe they show all the skin they needed when depowered Mystique. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

New Details on the X-Men Spinoffs
USA Today has published an update on the various "X-Men" spinoffs in the works, including Wolverine, Magneto, one on the kids and another on Emma Frost. The newspaper's scoop:

The first spinoff will be Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. His character has an as-yet-unrevealed back story in which researchers replaced his original bones with a metal skeleton. Jackman has signed on to star and co-produce, and X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner says it will likely head into production next year.

"We've also talked about doing something on the kids in (Professor X's) school, focusing on their lives, and less of a global adventure for the team," says Hutch Parker, production president of 20th Century Fox.

The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies.

Another likely solo project: Magneto, also in the script phase. The film will focus on his youthful pre-villain days, Shuler Donner says.

Though it would require a younger actor for those sequences, she says the film would need Ian McKellen to anchor the flashbacks. "What's a Magneto movie without Ian?" she asks.

We'll be following all the projects closely at Superhero Hype!

I think they're pushing their luck trying to do so many projects. Most people quickly get bored of the same old thing and there aren't enough fans to carry a franchise that's spread so widely over so many movies.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Well $120 + in the weekend it is a pretty good excuse to make more movies. Hope they stop before doing an Generation X movie. (Uppss. Too late)

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies.

Actually she did appear in the Generation X movie. She was played by Finona Hughes.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
now they're just asking for trouble.

Wolverine movie - BIG YESSSS PLEASE.

The rest - not interested really, much rather XMen 4, 5,6,7,8.......

They did 7 Police academy movies for crying out loud.......at least Xmen have plenty of GOOD storylines that can be melded into a decent bunch of movies.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Since when did Emma Frost have diamond skin powers? Did I just miss that somewhere?

Emma Frost is the only movie concept I'm having trouble getting into. The others are all potentially good movies.

Personally, I'd like to see them come back with a bang, like Gambit. A solo movie would work, but he needs the X-Men for interaction.

Wolverine movie would be cool if it had Omega Red..which is a possibility. That or some of his Weapon X work with Creed (Sabretooth) and the other mutants.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Thankfully they aren't talking TV shows ... yet.
I could see a TV show based around the kids at the school easily degenerating into yet another Dawson's Creek / Beverley Hills 90210 / One Tree Hill style of teen silliness.