Who's the most annoying film character?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars: Phantom Menace has been voted the most annoying film character ever in a poll of film fans. It just pipped Donkey from Shrek to the not-so-great title. Gollum in the Lord of The Rings trilogy came out in ninth place.

So do you agree that these characters are well annoying? Or is there someone else that bugs you so much you can't bear to watch them?

Whoever gets on your goat, let them know!

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
The difference is that Donkey is annoying in an enjoyable way...

I don't understand about Gollum being so high, I mean he's one of the few CG characters I can stand...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
THE most annoying character is easily Weasley Crusher on the Star Trek: The Next Generation movie - and that includes realising that he's only there briefly and had most of his appearance cut out.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hey! Wesley wasn't that bad. Wil Wheaton is actually quite funny, and makes fun of Star Trek himself. That's about all the justification I have.

Be warned Buzz, you just dissed one of Creepy Bunny's fave characters. I give CB full permission to let loose on you ;)

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
darthskelington said:
Be warned Buzz, you just dissed one of Creepy Bunny's fave characters. I give CB full permission to let loose on you ;)

Not just one of my favorite characters but my first crush EVER! I don't have much justification myself other than I just can't take it any more!!! ;)
Of course I don't really remember what happened with Wesley in the Next Generation movie, but can't his character in the actual series forgive a blunder in a film? Boy geniuses can make mistakes too.

Anyway, Jar Jar is pretty annoying, but have any of you guys seen the interviews from the Prisoner of Azkaban special features disk? The shrunken head beats Jar Jar hands down.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
darthskelington said:
Hey! Wesley wasn't that bad. Wil Wheaton is actually quite funny, and makes fun of Star Trek himself. That's about all the justification I have.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the actor, but the character of Weasley Crusher is attrocious - he beats even Barney and the Teletubbies. :hurl:

mynock11

Sith Medic
I cant think of anyone more annoying other than Jar-Jar.. but the other 2 donkey and gollum are awsome characters and are loved by many. so i dont understand the high placement of them..

Nightwing

New Recruit
I can't see the problem with Wes, especially in the latter seasons.

Jake Sisko was MUCH worse. He did NOTHING!

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Anything with teenagers in it!

I would have to say... seriously.....
- Howard the Duck
- Rawhead Rex
- Giant Spider from "It"
- Ewok # 13 (really :banghead: me off!)
- Winona Ryder in Alien: Resurrection
- Winona Ryder in Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Olson Twins
- The Mummy (1999) = The whole damn movie & everybody in it!
- Pauly Shore = Anything.. "Buuuudddddy!"

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nightwing said:
I can't see the problem with Wes, especially in the latter seasons.

Only because Weasley wasn't actually in the latter season that much. :D
First they shipped him off to the Academy and then ascended to a higher plane of existence.