Who's going to C3?

mynock11

Sith Medic
yeah i know that duh..lol i know your doing the tango accross the country that is ... well i will be there fri & sat for sure..

DA, Mynock, DS: Definately look forward to meeting you guys in person. I'll stay in whatever hotel that the majority if TBS members and members of the friendly sites are in. What are the odds on getting a good room at a reasonable price when such a big event is in town?

Mynock11: I can still swing through and pick you up. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was 13 hours from my house. Just need a stack of CDs and a thermos of "Tim Horton's" coffee.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
CS: I think most of the downtown hotels are booked, unless you want to drop $200 a night for a suite. If not, many of the hotels are only open on Wednesday or Sunday, but not Thur-Fri-Sat.

My friend and I snagged the Econolodge downtown, which is 1.5 miles north of the convention. We'll have to either take the bus $1.50, or take a cab $5.00. But if you're driving, it shouldn't matter much how far away your hotel is.

darthskelington said:
My friend and I snagged the Econolodge downtown, which is 1.5 miles north of the convention. We'll have to either take the bus $1.50, or take a cab $5.00. But if you're driving, it shouldn't matter much how far away your hotel is.

I'm probably driving. Its not a bad tour. My wife has been nagging me to take a flight saying I won't be gone as long.
:toedc:

mynock11

Sith Medic
hey chris best value still has rooms for 70.00 a night i can send you the link anytime you want thats where im staying 4 miles south of the Convention center.. oh i already have a ride we have room for 2 more if you wanna come along ... you bringing any of your boys?..will

mynock11 said:
hey chris best value still has rooms for 70.00 a night i can send you the link anytime you want thats where im staying 4 miles south of the Convention center.. oh i already have a ride we have room for 2 more if you wanna come along ... you bringing any of your boys?..will

I'll definately take the hotel link from you Will. My middle son is a Star Wars nut also and I'm still debating wether or not to bring him along. If I don't I might just fly. If I do, I might bug you for that ride. ;)

mynock11

Sith Medic
sorry to hear that JD .. chris how old is your middle son mine is seven it would be awsome to have someone that my son can hang out with... i will send you a pm with the link in it about the hotel...

mynock11 said:
sorry to hear that JD .. chris how old is your middle son mine is seven it would be awsome to have someone that my son can hang out with... i will send you a pm with the link in it about the hotel...

My boy is 10. I got the PM and figure I'll bring him. We'll swing down to your place and leave from there. I'm going to sort out reservations at that hotel later this week. Sounds like a blast. Was there anybody else in your van I might know?

mynock11

Sith Medic
nah only me that you would know but the rest are my uncle and my cuz.. both are huge star wars fans and are easy going ... real cool you will like them..we can set up everything at a later date..will

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I'm not. :banghead: The Air Force didn't give me the scholarship I needed, so I won't be going. :twitch: Though I would be grateful if someone could snag me a few autographs. I'll pay ya back (or in advance) of course, I just need to know the prices.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Ok, life is so not fair!! I may actually be getting enough money for the tickets to get in and fly up and a hotel room if I cram in with a few other people. Now here comes the troublesome part, the money's being given to me for rent not C3, and I really don't want to misuse the money. Also, exam week will start as soon as I return from C3. Woohoo.....what freaking fun!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'm not sure i quite follow. are you saying that you could go to C3 but won't or are you saying that you're going to go, flunk out of school and be homeless?