Who To Blame For Anakin's Fall

Barada

Saboteur
Some random mumblings from myself.....

There has been some speculation on exactly what causes Anakin to fall to the Dark Side, in the months leading up to the answer as shown in Episode III. Here is my thought.

It has already happened.

BLAME THE MIDICHLORIANS

Anakin must have felt out of place around his childhood peers. Who taught him how to play ball? Who took him to father-son BBQ's? How did he celebrate Father's Day? How did he answer the question, "Where's your Dad, Ani?"

It must have really screwed up his sexual identity, as how would Shmi get around the 'birds and bees' talk? No wonder he felt so awkward around Padme.

Anakin was obviously missing a positive father-figure role model in his life. Even the Jedi Council didn't want him. You saw how he became so attached to Qui-Gon, and his death must have really gone to his head.

All Palpatine had to do was show a little affection, and Anakin was his forever. One can only hope ol' Palps wasn't a Catholic Priest on the side, or young Skywalker would be in real danger if he was left alone with him for significant amounts of time.

Any thoughts to add to this demented post? :D

Barada

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Personally I blame Borsk Fey'la... I mean he didn't do anything wrong, but in the NJO books he rarely does anything wrong either, but he always seems to take the blame... So just blame Borsk, everyone else does. Although it might have actually been this Barada fellow...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Actually, reading the novels I've learned two things about Borsk, first, it's always his fault, and second it would be ill-advised to oppose him...

Therefore I have come to the following conclusion, it is all Coruscant Costa's fault...

I say bomb Endor.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hey, if anyone's to blame, its whoever wrote the dang prophecy!!

Bring balance to the force......balance alright....2 left on each side......PAHHH!!

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I haven't gotten around to writing it yet, but I had someone in mind for a story of the ancient Jedi, wherein I would include the full prophecy...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I've never understood the prophecy. If the force consists of 2 sides (good and bad) and the "good" side is in power, why would the good side want to fullfill a prophecy that brings balance to the force (greatly weakening their own side and creating a stronger dark side).

Having said that, I'm not familiar with the "propecy" other than what's been said in the movies.