Who Saw V for Vendetta? Spoiler Alert!

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Alright I saw it and loved it. I don't want to write too many spoilers, but all I can say is 'come on Natalie kiss the man. I mean... maybe he's all blobulus and burn victim-ey, but kissing the mask just doesn't cut it. V was hot! Anybody else have any insight?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just saw it...it was awesome :D

I'm curious, though, why no mention of ALan Moore (the writer) was made. The closest you get is "Based on the cmic book illustrated by someone" in teh end credits. Has anyone heard? Bad blood.....or just a prefernece not to have his name attached?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
darthskelington said:
Just saw it...it was awesome :D

I'm curious, though, why no mention of ALan Moore (the writer) was made. The closest you get is "Based on the cmic book illustrated by someone" in teh end credits. Has anyone heard? Bad blood.....or just a prefernece not to have his name attached?
That would be because Alan Moore has disowned the movie and wants nothing to do with it.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Weaving plays V. Excellent job.

Why has Moore disowned it? I can imagine some creator vs owner(DC) issues and $$$ issues, but what is the actual reason? I haven't read the comic...but the movie itself seemed well done.

Ownership issues are old-hat..and wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
darthskelington said:
Weaving plays V. Excellent job.

Why has Moore disowned it? I can imagine some creator vs owner(DC) issues and $$$ issues, but what is the actual reason? I haven't read the comic...but the movie itself seemed well done.

Ownership issues are old-hat..and wouldn't surprise me in the least.
It was because they had "updated" the story in comparison to the comic.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Jedi_Joel said:
It was because they had "updated" the story in comparison to the comic.

That's kinda sad. I didn't know that Alan Moore disowned the movie. I still thought it was terrific the visuals and the story. I actually think I'm going to go see it again soon...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...I immediately knew something was up when he wasn't in the credits...which does suck. I still enjoy the movie though.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I saw it yesterday, and I love it.

I understand the reasons that Alan Moore has disowed the movies based on his stories (From Hell, Constantine. LXG), but sometimes I see him act like a cry baby. I know he works hard on writing those stories and the cinema can't bring all the complexity of his works. But most movies needs to have a broad audience to make money and stories needs to be adapted to reach that audience. So what if they make Alan Quatermain the leader in LXG instead of Mina Hacker, so what if Johnny Deep does look remotly like the real Insp. Abberline, Keanu as Constatine (and Sting would have be better???).

I haven't read the V for Vendetta graphic novel. (I read LXG vol. 1 and look over quicly From Hell) If I find a copy of the novel I will buy it and read all the complexity and moral ambiuguity of the novel. Until then, the movie works for me fine.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw it, thought it was great. John Hurt and Stephen Rea were good. And of course Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman were good (as has been mentioned). Loved the 1812 Overture with blowing up buildings. Good stuff.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I thought the character that Stephen Rea played in this movie is very similar to the one he played in Citizen X. So, if you thought he was cool, you might check that out.

Citizen X is a movie about a Russian detective tracking down a serial killer. It was put out by HBO many years ago. Donald Sutherland is in it as well.

---

I found it amusing that John Hurt was the leader of the oppressive government in this movie. It's a bit of a role reversal from one of his other movies - 1984.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Borsk said:
Loved the 1812 Overture with blowing up buildings. Good stuff.

Oh that was the best! Gave me the giggles even!

wookiee_cookiee said:
Alfily and I saw it tonight, I thought it was really good. I predict a lot of V's this Halloween.

Hooray! I never even thought about that. That would be fantastic and so easy!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine that MacFarlane (or someone similar) will make a few figures as well.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Borsk said:
I would imagine that MacFarlane (or someone similar) will make a few figures as well.

Oh great, bring that up why don't cha!? I haven't even started collecting figures again, I'm still collecting furniture! I need to start keeping a list of things I want. Like now I feel the need to get some V graphic novels as well... but I haven't even finished reading my Hellblazers... well, at least I'll have the summer to catch up!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here's something you might want to watch.

C For Cookie
Movie trailer spoof of V for Vendetta.
What happens in a futuristic world where the consumption
of cookies is controlled by the government??
Apologies if it's just rubbish, but being on a dial-up connection all I can see and hear is a juttering and stuttery movie :( (plus I haven't any clue what V for Vendetta is actually about anyway).