What's in the toy chest

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Just wanted to let you know the Hasbro started a new contest called What's in the Toy Chest where you have a chance to win 100 dollars worth of Hasbro merchandise. You can enter once a day and you can enter until Sept. 17. Here's the linkhttp://hasbro.ed4.net/toychest/iw/login.cfm?L= . I already won $100 worth of Star Wars figures and I'll tell you what I got when I get shipped my prize.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It's yet another US Only competition, so "overseas" people like me don't even bother going to the link. :mad: :cry: :(

That must be new Koala math:

"Enter once per day" = "Enter 40,000 times per day"

I guess it's difficult to count when you've only got four fingers/toes on each hand. ;)

Barada

Saboteur
Gotta love how Hasbro keeps slapping non-US residents in the face. :toed:

"Dear Hasbro:

Those of us outside the US pay our hard-earned money to keep you in business too. How about making at least one contest international? You &^%&$& idiots."

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Couldn't agree more with Barada.

US only competitions serve only to alienat the rest of the world and reinforce the idea that America is basically zenophobic.

ph%^&ing b$%£@$%s !! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Americans aren't xenophobic as they are Americentric... anything outside the US doesn't count... (Alaska and Hawaii are sometimes cut off as well...)

Barada

Saboteur
The last couple of replies here seem to be taking on an anti-American tone. That's not what I implied in my posts here - rather it is a beef with Hasbro alone.

I have many truly good friends that I have met online that are American, as well as others worldwide. I'm sure the other posters feel the same way, but I just wanted to clear up any possible misconceptions.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm an american and i think it's stupid but they don't consult with me about how they run their business. I just got through explaining to Buzz(New Zeraland) that there would not be an additional charge for shipping the prize he just won from us to him. If we can do it, then why can't hasbro or anyone else that has a similar policy?

They certainly have more to gain from including everyone worldwide than our sponsors probably do. They have distribution centers outside of the US so i have no idea why they would not include everyone.

If a guy can start a petition to get some kind of odd-ball character made into a figure and get some kind of reaction out of hasbro, then it seems like someone could do something similar to include all of those outside the US. It may never happen but you could probably get them to look at their policy again which is a step in the right direction.

:idea:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
If the tone of my previous mails seemed anti-American, then I unreservedly apologise to all Americans as that was not my intention.

It just seems pretty shortsighted that Hasbro ( and a multitude of other American companies also ) seem to have this policy of only including those in America in what goes on. This seems unfair.

From a marketing perspective it is understandable that companies often see the US market as sufficient to garner the relevant volume of sales, but they should understand that there is indeed a larger world out here. Particularly these days when so many thing can be discussed, advertised and purchased online.

Any company that does business (or competitions) online should be prepared to deal with the world in general. If they are not prepared to do this, then stick to advertising in local papers!

When so many companies exercise this 'parochial' attitude, it is little wonder that those expressly excluded feel alienated and sometimes say how annoying it is.