What do you think of the possible vintage rereleases?

Will you buy new 'vintage' figures?

• Of course - I'm a completist.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they rerelease the ones missing from my collection.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Only if they release figures in the vintage style, and don't touch the originals.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Definitely not - vintage sucks!

• Definitely not - it's a blasphemy to vintage collecting!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'll have to see them first.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Couldn't care less either way.

• Total voters

Barada

Saboteur
It has been reported around the net that next year Hasbro intends to release 12 vintage style figures. It is unknown whether they will be actual rereleases or new sculpts in the vintage style, much less whether or not the rumor is true.

What do you think of this scenario, and would you buy them if they did this?

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
no to the same sculpts, yes to new sculpts- but they would have to be done in the same style- 5 articulation standing figures, only with more detail

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Vintage is Vintage - leave it be.

New Vintage - at best a contradiction in terms.

C'mon Hasbro, do something new and original! Put some thought into it.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I feel nothing good can come from re-releasing the vintage ones, not even from an army-builder standpoint. It would simply create confusion and chaos. As a limited release of ONLY twelve figs, I would hope it ends there. They could be really nice display pieces, but I'd just assume do without. I'd rather they not do something than do it wrong or poorly.

As far as vintage-style figs, they don't interest me much. If I really wanted one, I could buy a custom off of someone.

Chances are, though, I would buy them as a completist, depending on price point.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Vintage is "vintage...let it be there.. As Lord Skel says Price will determine what happens and who buys them.... i'd rather see more point placed on other figures.......:)

What do you think of the possible vintage re-releases?

Only if they re-release the ones missing from my collection. I would love to see "Vlix" from the DROIDS series re-released. That way I could buy it at a regular price instead of at $5,000.00 that is being sold at some sites.

I would also like the opportunity to get the original 12 vintage figures in a collector's edition package or something. It would be a nice addition to anyone's collection.