What do you like- and not like- about the AOTC figures?

would you prefer the AOTC figures to have been regular figures?

• No, I like the special features

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • yes, I prefer the regular figures like the POTJ line

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Nightwing

New Recruit
What were you favorite features and your nitpicks on the new figures?

First off- NO COMMTECH
Reduced price :)
Some fine sculpting
Coming with lots of gadgets

My nitpicks would be:

the Major one is the magnets. yes it may look cool, what with the lightsaber being drawn to the hand by "the force", bit once held, it looks crappy. Also, the sclupting of the hand is pathetic, and my Obi-Wan can't hold his droid up. The only thing magnet is good for, is Zam Wessell.
The blast effects. of the figures I have got so far, none really look good with this. It's sounds OK in theory, but doesn't work in reality, IMO. A favorite in a nitpick though- Boba fett's blaster effects look great on the jetpack.
Giving up sculpting, articulation for the special effects- Padme Amidala having only one pose

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Hooray's!:
#1 reduced price
#2 cool poses
#3 blast effects
#4 accessories for example: Yoda!!

Boos!:
I don't like the string on the Jango Fett Kamino Escape.
I don't like ponchos :p

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm not bashing the new figs, because i like most of them but i do not care for the action effects. I don't like the tumor that is growing in my obi wan's hand... padme is very limited. The line goes from a figure like padme with one pose to zam with 101 points of articulation. I was wondering how they were going to do a new R2 and have it be fresh and I have to say I like the light and sound effects. The deluxe figures are disappointing. My rule would be that you cannot make a figure in a scene specific pose until you make that character in a general pose with as much articulation as possible.
Overall i am pleased with the new figures, but as usual, some of the figures have me scratching my head.

Barada

Saboteur
Sculpting - Just incredible!

Poses - Just awful!

While the craftmanship of these guys is second to none, I really don't like the way many of them can not be posed how you like. I don't 'play' with mine, but if Hasbro wants kids to get into this, they should rethink their strategy. I mean, what kid wouldn't get bored playing with a figure whose arms and legs are forever posed in one way, or have such limited articulation (ex. Padme & Nikto) they may as well be?

Just my two cents worth.

Barada

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Overall I like the AOTC line. (Better than no line.) However, I like everyone else have a few peeves.

The Good:

The reduced prices, but BIG BOO to KB.
The color and style of the cards.
Some of the action sculps, Female Jedi in particular.
Colorful figures.
Like the card inserts.

The Bad:

No change in PN numbers for card changes.
Lack of material quality of cards.
Blaster flashes.
Kid (Boba) should not be carrying real guns.

The Ugly:

Padme without the Mole
Ponchos, I agree. Ole GL has somthing with ponchos.
Clone Trooper carrying old WWII German MG43 Machinegun.
Can't find Dexter with the insert and pipe and I just had my birthday.
Royal Guard with the bent force pike.
The J hooks are too wide and fall off the peg holders too easily.

:D

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Deathstar
The Good:

The reduced prices, but BIG BOO to KB.

I don't know if it was just the KB that I went to, but I popped into one of their stores after seeing Spidey on Thursday and they are now reduced to $5.99- I got R2

Delux POTJ are also $6.99- got Amanaman

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The $5.99 is part of a sale that KB has going on, supposedly they will come back up in price.