What are you thankful for?

Talon

New Recruit
In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday this week here in the USA I figured I would post what I am thankful for. You don't have to be American or celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday to post your own thoughts here.
What I am thankful for:
I am thankful for my family. A beautiful wife and two glorious children. A 6 year old boy and 7 month old girl.
I am thankful that I live in the greatest country on Earth. A land where you can pretty much be yourself and live your life as you wish.
I am thankful for our Armed Forces and the militaries of our Allies who as you read this are trying to rid the world of scum and villainy.
I am thankful for Star Wars and all of the joy that it brings me.
I am thankful for this site and everyone associated with it. In the 2 short months of our existence we have gathered a decent following and made some really cool friends.
I am thankful that this Thursday my family and I will be able to eat until we can't eat anymore. How I wish that everyone else could do the same.

Now if you read this I only ask one thing. Please stop and take a moment of silence to pay respect to the people who tragically and senselessly lost their lives on September 11, 2001. These were people of many different nationalities & religions who were brutally slaughtered unexpectedly. People, who much like you and I wake up every day and set about by going to work to make a living and provide our families and ourselves with the necessities of life.

Thank you.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving !

Barada

Saboteur
Amen, Talon.

I am thankful for my family, including my baby on the way, and the fact that I have alot of the freedoms that many people in the world do not.

Barada

BarneyFife

New Recruit
Well know the stuff that I will say i am thankful for will pale in comparison to your stuff talon, but here goes,

I am thankful for my job, and a second one I have a good chance to get.
I am thankful for my two wonderful dogs, and my mom.
I am thankful for all my possesions.
I am thankful for being able to get a good edcuation, that doesn't cost terribly much.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Even though I'm a Canuck, and have already made it through a Thanksgiving... I thought I would throw in my two bits:
1. My wife
2. My dog
3. My home
4. My health
5. My job
6. Actually... EVERYTHING!

Just within the past month, I am probably the most grateful for my doctor catching advance stages of cancer in me, in two different area's of my body... A couple more years and it would of been game over for me... Life is short, don't take it for granted! Be thankful for what you have... And not for what you don't:D

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
ALTHOUGH I WAS NOT BORN IN THE UNITED STATES, BUT IN THE SMALL ISLAND OF CUBA, 90 MILES FROM HERE, I HAVE LIVED HERE SINCE THE AGE OF 12 AND I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY, ITS PEOPLE AND ITS WAY OF LIVING AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER AMERICAN WOULD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I CONSIDER THIS COUNTRY MY MOTHERLAND, THE PLACE WHERE I WOULD LIKE TO REST MY BONES WHEN MY END COMES.
THIS IS INDEED THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND I THANK THE LORD THIS THANKSGIVING DAY FOR GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO HAVE THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE, FOR ALLOWING ME TO LEAVE THE COMMUNIST HELL THAT CUBA IS AND TO BE PART OF THIS GREAT NATION WHERE FREEDOM AND JUSTICE PREVAIL, A NATION WHERE A MAN COULD BE ALL HE WANTS TO BE AND MORE.
I THANK THE LORD FOR BLESSING ME WITH THE WONDERFUL GIFT MY HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL 2 1/2 YEAR OLD BOY IS, FOR PERMITTING MY SON TO HAVE ALL THE JOY AND TOYS I NEVER HAD AS A CHILD GROWING UP IN MY NATIVE LAND WHERE A DICTATOR HAS TAKEN AWAY EVERY CHILD'S DREAMS FOR 42 YEARS.
I THANK THE LORD FOR INDEED ALLOWING ME TO MEET MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE, AN AMERICAN-CANADIAN WOMAN, WHOM I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO FOR ALMOST 11 YEARS. WE, AS ANY OTHER COUPLE, HAVE HAD OUR UPS AND DOWNS IN OUR RELATIONSHIP AND I THANK THE LORD FOR GIVING TO EACH OTHER THE COURAGE, THE PATIENCE AND OVERALL THE LOVE TO OVERCOME MANY OSTACLES AND STAY TOGETHER.
I THANK THE LORD THIS THANKSGIVING DAY FOR MAKING OUT OF A TRAGEDY AS THE SEPTEMBER 11 TERRORIST ATTACK WAS, A MOTIVATIONAL VENUE TO INJECT AND RENEW GREATER FEELINGS OF PATRIOTISM INTO EVERY CITIZEN OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND FOR GIVING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THE WISDOM AND SERENITY TO KEEP GOING WITH THEIR LIVES, DESPITE THE THREATS OF THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE US DESTROYED.
I THANK THE LORD MOST OF ALL FOR ALLOWING MY SOUL AS A HUMAN BEING TO SEE LIFE, TO EXPERIENCE IT, TO LEARN FROM IT, TO HAVE A FAMILY AND BE SORROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO CARE,TO BE PART OF THIS TINY PARTICLE IN THE UNIVERSE WE CALL EARTH.
THANK YOU LORD, YOU REALLY RULE!

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Thankful........

The Deathstar is thankful for....
Darth Vader
Grand Moff
Admiral Motti
Deathstar Officers
Deathstar Troopers
Deathstar Gunners
Deathstar Droid
Deathstar Mouse Droid
R2-Q5
Tie Fighter Pilots
Emperor Palpatine Hologram
My cat...The Deathstar Pooky

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:balloons:

BarneyFife

New Recruit
Someone is obsessed with the deathstar. I am obbseesed with exhaust ports and torpedoes. Man, that sounded perverted.