Watto's Lotto so far....

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I had already forgotten about "don't lose your head" ... maybe we'll play that again after the pod game.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I like the pod games and dont lose your head and wepay. i also have some ideas for games that i suggest. Cant guarantee they are good ideas though...

i think I have suggested it before, but it might be a good idea. It would be called the monthy pop quiz (or however often you might do it) What happens is, you select a question......an incredibly difficult one that might require an hour or so of searching. You post the question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the prize. Sort of like the early bird gets the worm. You could use something like my all time favorite difficult question that i found in trivialeague.....what does gaarchit mean in the wookiee language?

And another....What about having the forum search game? Sort of like a scavenger hunt throughout the old forums? Where you hide things among the old threads or you have to answer quotes and questions like who won the first podrace game. Im sure the questions could be more interesting thoghu. But maybe have 15 questions per round and throw em all in a hat a draw until a fully correct sheet?

And what about a photo contest? Just submit a picture of anything star wars related whether it is R2 drinking a beer or anything. Then the forum members vote on the "best" picture in their opinions.

As you can, id like to see some new contests because we seem to do the podrace, wepay etc. etc. over and over again.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Some thoughts...

Having a game that occurs randomly would certainly favor the people that use the forums for things other than games.

The scavenger hunt idea has been done before and I'm sure it will be done again. Hint: Unified Site Contest

A photo contest would favor forum members with particular *cough*photoshop*cough* skillz. I wonder if that might narrow the odds down a bit too much.

I disagree with this:
"because we seem to do the podrace, wepay etc. etc. over and over again"

Amshak can probably back me up with some numbers, but I don't think we've actually played those games that many times. We can't have a brand new game for every contest and running games that have already been successful gives us the time we need to develop new games.

We want to create new and interesting games that will engage the player more than a simple "raffle" and might require some knowledge, skill and/or time. We have several games in the works that fit this bill, IMO, and I'm sure everyone will like them once we're ready to release them.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Well....i think wepay etc....have been done about 3 times each. Great games....i love them, but they have been done alot and it wouldnt hurt to see something new

The scavenger hunt im thinking of is a bit more than just finding a banner. Its more so answering questions which have answers that lie withing old piled up threads.

Maybe you could ban photoshop effects in the photo contest??? Either that or distribute downloaded copies of 7.0

And you didnt comment on pop quizzes borsk!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The wepay game has been done 3 times, and the upcoming podrace game will mark it's third time. The "don't lose your head" game is a variation on an older game and if you count the older game, then it has been done twice. This has all occured in the past 1 1/2 years. So, given that time frame, I don't think those games have been overdone. Something else to consider is that we get new members all of the time and some older members stop coming around, so often times, it's not the same people playing these games.
CC, if you would like to discuss new forum games in further detail, please drop me an email
amshak@thebothanspy.com

Darth Boru wrote:

"I have to agree with all that Amshak said.

Over the last year or so, I haven't posted nearly as often as I would have liked to, for pretty much the same reasons outlined by Amshak.

Firstly, life being what it is, there is rarely enough free time to get round to it.

Things like trade lists often tempt for a reply, but then I don't have anything worthy of the trade most times.

Some subjects are simply outside my knowledge, so get left to those who know.

Then of course, there's the fact that most things worthy of saying have been said already.

On that note, its probably best if I shut up :)"

Don't shut up. I've only been here since February I guess I and love it. I kept quiet for a bit and then started to speak my opinion. I've learned all I know now (on computers) since then and I'm only getting started.

DB if you have an opinion-say it. You have all the rights the rest of us do and we value your opinion. I've only been collecting for a year from last may and check my collection photos in the forums.

I have learned alot about collecting and the movies from interacting.

I better shut up now. :)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by CoruscantCosta
And you didnt comment on pop quizzes borsk!

Actually, I did...

Originally posted by Borsk
Having a game that occurs randomly would certainly favor the people that use the forums for things other than games.
<hr>
The scavenger hunt im thinking of is a bit more than just finding a banner. Its more so answering questions which have answers that lie withing old piled up threads.

The Unified Site Contest involved locating banners on different sites and descrambling a message. Locating answers in the forum is the sort of thing we would ask in "pop quizzes" - if we go that way.
<hr>
Maybe you could ban photoshop effects in the photo contest??? Either that or distribute downloaded copies of 7.0

I was trying to use that as an example for my bigger message - which I guess didn't come across. I question whether it's smart to tailor the games down so much that they end up applying to a very small group.

For example, if we had a contest with a really great prize for the person that made the coolest cantina diorama and sent us pics, how would you like your odds of winning that one?

I'm not saying we won't ever have a picture contest. We had a custom figure contest that was in the same spirit. I just don't think it's smart to do a bunch of these types of contests because they're so limiting on the number of people that have the ability to participate.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Never let what others say or think keep you from "posting" your mind as long as you're following the forum rules. Realize that not everyone will see things your way all of the time.

This forum is for people to interact and have discussions. Even if you're just agreeing with someone else's opinion, that doesn't make it any less valuable.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Weeeelllllll.....I decided it would be fun if the contest was comical.

I have one idea that in effect would allow everybody could participate in.

The Star Wars Pet Contest

Basically, you submit a picture that you made that relates to both star wars and pets. The way I figured that this would work for everybody is, if you dont have a pet, find a friend or a neighbor that has one, and make is doing something related to star wars.

If anybody else has ideas, post em here so I can see them. Id like to see a photo contest in the near future, and I think the mods wanna make sure it fits everybodys abilities.

mynock11

Sith Medic
Hello all I would like 2 say that i read alot of what other people post and no i dont post alot and i have one a game here the "last dont lose your head" if u can remember Amshak :) Well all i got 2 say is congrats 2 blackrobot i wish it was me!!! And the posting 2 play the games i think u will lose alot of members that way some people like 2 read what others say and the news is awsome i just reply 2 some posts if i can and sometimes i just dont have anything 2 contribute dont banish the people that dont contribute 2 the outer rim maybe they r just people that love star wars and have fun reading and playing games but just dont have anything 2 say or contribute..... Thanks MYNOCK11

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
What about a 'Nearest the Sarlacc Pit - Ewok Throwing' competition......

Or the ever popular 'Spot the nice guy in the canteena' contest?

Comptetions don't HAVE to make sense, just have a sense of fun.....but then prizes would be good too (not that I'll win <g>)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
to change the subject a bit.... has anyone seen the paradoy game "Star Warped"? I think it originally came out back in 1999 but i picked it up a month or so ago at a dollar store. Anyway, it has several games on it and one of them is game where ewoks run back and forth across their little bridges between their huts and you try and knock them off with a stick. It's not a game that will hold your attention for very long, but it's funny to see.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
well... i assume that they fall to the ground from their village high in the trees. You don't actually see that because they fall below what is shown on the screen. The game has a certain amount of time that you are allowed to poke the ewoks off the bridge and depending upon how many you knock off, is how your scored is figured.