Watto's Lotto Question

Should Wato's Lotto be easier to win or should it be left alone?

• It's too hard... no one will ever win.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • It's fine the way it is.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Let's ride it a bit longer and if there is still no winner then we discuss changing it.

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Those are some good points. Since most everyone wants to ride this out a bit longer, we have time to kick around a few ideas.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I'm all for letting it ride for a while.

Maybe you could set a time limit, however many weeks you think best. Then if no-one wins, pick 2 sets of numbers a week for a while? The odds won't change for winning per draw, but with more draws per week, maybe we'd get a winner? If someone wins on the first draw one week, don't do a second one.

Just a thought.

jfrog2002

Sith Master
Originally posted by Darth Boru
I'm all for letting it ride for a while.

Maybe you could set a time limit, however many weeks you think best. Then if no-one wins, pick 2 sets of numbers a week for a while? The odds won't change for winning per draw, but with more draws per week, maybe we'd get a winner? If someone wins on the first draw one week, don't do a second one.

Just a thought.

I think this is a great idea by Darth Boru! Muliple draws is better than changing any of the rules that are in place already as it would increase the odds of winning without changing how we enter.

The problem I see with not requiring a specific order to the numbers is this...in the current week (15) someone picked 251 and someone else picked 125. That would mean they would both win if these number are picked. I think this will cause confusion.

Joe

Obi-Dad

New Recruit
I like the 2nd drawing in a single week idea after we finish riding this out. I'd love to see this ride out for at least another 2 months, though.

I agree with the odds being 1 in 720 (10*9*8) for the current setup. I don't like the idea of order not mattering. I majored in Math and if I remember correctly, if order doesn't matter, then you divide by 3! (factorial) since there are 3 numbers. So, that would be (10*9*8)/3! = (10*9*8)/(3*2*1) = 720/6 = 90. I think 1 in 90 decreases the odds too dramatically.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
OK, we won't change the sequence rule. It sounds like the two most popular ideas are to either reduce the amount of numbers that could be selected or allow multiple entries. Wookiee Cookiee really runs this thing so i'll see what she has to say about it.

DewBack

New Recruit
Why not do a mix, since most lotteries have it set up where you can go "straight" like this is and then "box" any of the numbers you pick in random order, maybe you can do it as if someone hits it straight they get everything so far and if they hit it box, they get half of them and it keeps going.

mynock11

Sith Medic
I really dont have an opinion but a couple of questions what time on wednesday do u pick the # and what time r they posted? This is the first wk that i have tried this and i dont really c a problem so far but like i said this is my first wk....Mynock

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
There is not a set time that the numbers are drawn and the game is updated. Wookiee Cookiee does that and it just depends on her schedule.

The only problem is if no one ever wins. We want people to win, but we don't want a winner every week or every couple of weeks, we want the pot to build.

I kind of like Dewback's suggestion. Does anyone else have a thought about it? The only problem I see there, is that there could be more than one winner in a week. Someone could have the correct numbers in a random order and someone could have the correct numbers in the correct order. We would have to say that the player you has them in the correct order wins the pot over the player with the correct numbers in random order.

This would allow us to give out a nice prize and still leave plenty of figures in the pool for future weeks.

We will not make any changes until the end of february, so we're still open to suggestions.

DewBack

New Recruit
I did not think of the multiple winners issue, that may be a problem id you went with the "box"method. I guess we will have to wait and see, someone if bound to hit it.

JediBeagle

New Recruit
I think wattos lotto is good as it is, but if you want to slightly change it up I would suggest having a drawing twice a week instead of once (but still only adding a new figure once a week). This will keep interest even higher and increase chances of winning but not too drastically.

jk275

New Recruit
Since most everyone picks the same numbers every time anyway... why not just let it ride until the 2002 figures are all up then get everyones number from the last week and keep hitting the random number generator until someone wins?