Warning

joewhite

New Recruit
Hey, guys, I just got my TIE Fighter from KB.com. IT came in bad condition, the box was too big and there was just enough air cushions for them to say they put some in there, allowing the TIE to slide around and get banged up. So, for you MOC/MIB collectors who haven't gotten there's, just a heads-up.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Yeah, ordering online from toy shops is risky. They think that the people that are buying their stuff are kids who will rip them open and throw away the packaging.

I had a different experience with my gunship. It was only padded on one side with a big air pillow, but it was handled well by UPS so it came in excellent condition.

I would try to make a return on your TIE or sell it.

joewhite

New Recruit
Oh, it's cool now. The local KB's just happened to have a few of them in...would you beleive it!? So I just exchanged it with a decent one. I havr the Imp Shuttle coming in next month from KB, I hope that I get my $99 worth and that it at least comes in alright. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't expect too much.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I wouldnt count on their pre order service. It might not come in for another 3. When they have a date so far ahead. It usually means its subjected to change.

joewhite

New Recruit
Might be true but the TIE was pre ordered and on the same ticket as the Shuttle and it got here on time if not earlier. We'll see. Too bad the condition sucked. I can partly understand since it's KBs and not a internet store like all the sponsors at various sites that are more geared towards collectors. Still though, if you are going to have an exclusive, I would think that they'd know who buys these kind of items and would at least take a little more effort in packing these. But then that would be a perfect world and we can't have that!

Dark Jedi

Banned
Originally posted by joewhite
Hey, guys, I just got my TIE Fighter from KB.com. IT came in bad condition, the box was too big and there was just enough air cushions for them to say they put some in there, allowing the TIE to slide around and get banged up. So, for you MOC/MIB collectors who haven't gotten there's, just a heads-up.

I don't leave them in the package, but I don't put them where they could be destroyed, I put them on a shelf for display...