Walmart price increase

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My Walmart upped the price on figures from $5.88 to $6.63. :flame: I won't be buying any more figs from them any time soon. I think I'll have to snag the latest figs off ebay in a year or so. :(

Not sure about other parts of the US. I know Oregon used to be $4.96 per figure.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
SAme here. I sadly never found figures at Walmart until a week ago, but the price is back up. I'm also dissapointed with Target. Most of them lowered to 5.88, but the two closest to me still charge 6.99. I don't even see why these figures are more expensive. Surely a small holo figure I don't even care about doesn't cost $2.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Same here. They upped the price that same week the actually got new figures in. Target (last I checked) was still under $6. But they haven't gotten anything new in a while.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Cheapest prices here are €8.99 (about $10.75) a figure.

That simple fact makes it hard for me to feel sorry for you guys, although any price increase is always bad!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well...lucky for you your budget is significantly higher than most of ours ;) An arbitrary 13% price increase still sucks no matter how you look at it. :p

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I've heard Target is following the same trend (at least stores that had actaully dropped in the first place) are now within a penny of the Wal-Mart price.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
darthskelington said:
Well...lucky for you your budget is significantly higher than most of ours ;) An arbitrary 13% price increase still sucks no matter how you look at it. :p

hehe, funny ;)

Actually, I dont collect any of the standard 3.75" figures because of the cost. Have avoided them like the plague for a very long time now. I make exceptions for the more unusual figures like the holiday stuff, shadow troopers etc. Even keeping to that rule has resulted in a reasonably large collection, which probably says a lot about just how 'special' these figures turn out to be.

Seeing items like the CIII vader showing up everywhere for peanuts is a classic example....... :banghead: