Wal-Mart

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I'm just curious, did Walmart do anything at midnight. I called mine and they said they would stay open until midnight and then close and open at 6 am. I've heard some say that it was open at midnight, but I'm not sure what the deal was. I would have gone because it was right next to a TRU, But I opted not to because there was an even closer TRU to me. So if anyone could help, that would be great.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Yoda Man said:
I'm just curious, did Walmart do anything at midnight. I called mine and they said they would stay open until midnight and then close and open at 6 am. I've heard some say that it was open at midnight, but I'm not sure what the deal was. I would have gone because it was right next to a TRU, But I opted not to because there was an even closer TRU to me. So if anyone could help, that would be great.
Nope. And the whole tent thing was a joke!!! It was one sorry half-attempted promo.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
It depends on what kind of Wal-Mart it was. The Supercenters, which are open 24 hours were obviously open, they just rope off the section until midnight. As far as I know the regular Wal-Marts were open regular store hours, but I guess it is up to the manager's discretion. Only 400 Wal-Marts across the USA had "Tent events", in some places they were open 8-4, but my friend rogueace2000 said his Wal-Mart had the tent open at midnight. So I can't give you a good answer. ;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My supercenter wasn't a tent store, but they did open the toy aisle at midnight. No early bird stuff though...bought mine online instead.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
85749.jpg

there are the early bird figures. click here for more.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Our local Wal-Mart was on a list for the tent sale. When I asked- no one knew (as the 48 hours of Star Wars promo was being aired overhead) It is a 24 hr Wal-Mart and they did rope off the Star Wars section until midnight. For Episode II, figures did not come out until the morning...

So it varies by how the Manager feels that given week.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Our Wal-Mart did a really nice job. The tent was pretty well organized and the employees were really into it.

try2trisbr

New Recruit
early bird figures -- I heard from a lot of people that these were not worth it and a friend of mine took the "Empty Box" back and got his money back. I didn't get to Wal-Mart :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Yoda Man said:
There were almost 40 of the early bird packs at my Walmart just sitting there. Is that common?
from the viewpoint of my area...... yes, it's common.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Yoda Man said:
There were almost 40 of the early bird packs at my Walmart just sitting there. Is that common?
We had at least that many... Not sure why they called it the early bird set.
icon5.gif

Darth-BlixII

Sith Clone Commander
when I went to wal*mart there were no Early bird packs on the shelves.
turned out they sold 70 packs in 5 minutes flat.

after that didn't see any again.

Barada

Saboteur
Darth-BlixII said:
when I went to wal*mart there were no Early bird packs on the shelves.
turned out they sold 70 packs in 5 minutes flat.

after that didn't see any again.

You're listed as being from Nova Scotia. When did we ever get these in Canadian Wal-Marts???

Btw, welcome to the site.

Barada

Yoda Man

New Recruit
This week at my walmart they had the original 3 episode 3 unleashed figures on sale for 13.50. It's not much cheaper, but figures could get cheaper soon.

Darth-BlixII

Sith Clone Commander
Barada said:
You're listed as being from Nova Scotia. When did we ever get these in Canadian Wal-Marts???

Btw, welcome to the site.

Barada

I guess there was an error.
Because I seen tons of Starwars early bird figures in the wal-marts
after I seen them the first time I never seen them again...

But I didn't care because these early bird figures weren't that great...anyways...Thanks for welcoming myself to TBS I love this starwars collectors website...But I must say...it's not as active as it should be...but that's fine...I love this website.

I asked the wal*mart employee and he said that these figures were not supposed to be here but...they had a big shipping error these action figures were supposed to hit the wal*marts in Mayne.
:)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Darth-BlixII said:
Thanks for welcoming myself to TBS I love this starwars collectors website...But I must say...it's not as active as it should be...but that's fine...I love this website.

Yeah, I love it too! :D I don't know why we don't have more "active" posters, but at least it doesn't take hours and hours just to keep up with what is happening. Welcome to the site.

Darth-BlixII

Sith Clone Commander
wookiee_cookiee said:
Yeah, I love it too! :D I don't know why we don't have more "active" posters, but at least it doesn't take hours and hours just to keep up with what is happening. Welcome to the site.
Thanks :D anyways...this Thread is starting to get alittle bit off topic...so...yeah...I guess we should get alittle bit on topic. :)