Vintage Paploo Problem

I found a nice little shop by my place outside of Montreal. There I purchased a few vintage ewoks one being Paploo. I got him for a good discount because we couldn't decide on if he was vintage or not. There isn't a date on him or writing of any sort.

I checked some pictures at artoonews.com and didn't see any date either. If anybody has a vintage Paploo could you let me know?:confused:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
All of the ewoks are planned for the near future in the EVOLUTION section. Since barada has been down, that section is on hold, but here's a sneek peak that should help you out.

paploo750x562.jpg

I swear he is identical but this must be the only vintage figure to my knowlege without a date or writing on him. That seems odd.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Okey dokey ... I've just been through my HUGE pile of loose vintage Star Wars figures and found all the Ewoks. Both Papaloo and Lumat have NO date stamp anywhere on them - all the other vintage RotJ Ewoks do have a date stamp.

Except for Wicket, the ones with date stamps have them on the back of one of their legs. Wicket has the date stamp on his back (half hidden under his cowl / hat).

From memory there are a few figures that aren't date stamped, but most are.

:)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Are dateless figures lonely, or do they enjoy being single?

You're right, Chris. My Paploo doesn't have any date either. Looking at my other figures briefly, I noticed Lumat doesn't have a date either. Lumat was a contemporary of Paploo. They both came out in the same wave, so to speak (if you can apply that term to vintage) :p I also noticed Sy Snootles doen't have a date, but there isn't much room for a date on her anyway.

All of the later vintage POTF figures I own have dates (Barafe, Poncho Luke, Anakin, Stormtrooper Luke, and the rest of the Rebo Band). I can't remember if the Ewoks and Droids cartoon figures have dates or not--mine are packed away at the moment.

Oops---I guess I just reiterated what Buzz just said. I guess it would help if I read ALL the posts before responding. :D