USPS.com goes Star Warsy

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
To go along with their R2-D2 mailboxes and a Star Wars stamp issue, the USPS.com website has gone all Star Warsy - there's a few downloadable wallpapers and a competition (Americans only).

USPS?!? Usually Slow Postal Service. ;)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Here's pictures of the Stamps that I saved off from the USPS site. Do you think I would get in HUGE trouble if I scaled these down and printed them off to put on my SASE's??:D :D Just Kidding!

RYAN J.

anakin_skywalker_stamp.gif

boba_fett_stamp.gif

c3p0_stamp.gif

chewbacca_han_solo_stamp.gif

darth_maul_stamp.gif

darth_vader_stamp.gif

emperor_stamp.gif

luke_skywalker_stamp.gif

obiwan_kenobi_stamp.gif

princess_leia_stamp.gif

queen_amidala_stamp.gif

stormtroopers_stamp.gif

xwing_fighter_stamp.gif

yoda_stamp.gif

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Do you think I would get in HUGE trouble if I scaled these down and printed them off to put on my SASE's??

Technically, if you're sticking your printed versions onto pre-paid envelopes (ones that don't need stamps anyway), the postal service can't really complain about anything ... except perhaps copyright infringment. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't heard anything. They all come on one sheet..which is attractive.

Stamp collectors often collect First-Day-Issues.....which are envelopes postamrked from the Post Office of origin (for example....a Marin County post office in the case of Star Wars...just what-iffing)) featuring the stamp, and possibly a printed image on teh envelope..or something fancier. I suspect these will exist and will collectible mainly among the phillatellist collectors out there.....not something all SW fans will want to hunt down.

In the past the post office would also put out cheesy collectors items...like mugs..t-shirts....magnets....featuring art from the stamps (almost always also featuring facsimlile of a perforated stamp edge around it...thus making it look like a giant stamp and completely tasteless. :p ) I don't know if the USPS has done anything like this lately. Typically...if they do put out something nice....it will be very expensive ..and colelctor's item for teh sake of being a collector's item.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yeah, mugs etc would have no appeal, although the single sheet idea sounds interesting.....no, mustn't go there, must .. keep .. control .. of .. collection ;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yes, but if I start with one sheet of stamps, next thing I know I'll want every kind of printed material and the whole thing will go berserk.....best avoided ;)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hey! Be sure and stop by your local Post office today and see if you can put your name down for ALL the USPS Star Wars Displays!! My post office is letting me have any of the displays that I want!! I'm going to get the poster that shows all the new SW stamps, A small 3D table display of C-3PO & R2-D2 and anything else the employees don't want!! When I get them I'll post pictures here! These Items tend to be Pretty Rare in a few years since most of them Meet the :eek: "FLAME OF DEATH" :eek: (Also known as the Garbage Dump)

RYAN-J

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Well I went to my post office to pick up some of the Star Wars stamps, and I saw that the displays were down so I asked the lady if I could pick them up and she said "Well We didn't realize we coudn't give them away so they got torn up and put in the garbage" MAN! I really wanted those!

RYAN_J

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
RYAN-J;74901 said:
Well I went to my post office to pick up some of the Star Wars stamps, and I saw that the displays were down so I asked the lady if I could pick them up and she said "Well We didn't realize we coudn't give them away so they got torn up and put in the garbage" MAN! I really wanted those!

RYAN_J

Man, that's a bummer! I went and picked a couple of sheets up today.