Update

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few announcements:

1) Please welcome our newest staff member, John. He will go by the handle Vader's Obsession and serve as a moderator in these forums. John is an expert in the areas of comic books and trading cards. Within the next few weeks, The Bothan Spy will open a new section dedicated to John's extensive work with Star Wars trading cards. He will be moving to Japan soon. :shocked:

2) I am currently working on adding a chat room to the site. I don't want to make any promises, but I hope to have it ready by this weekend. At the latest, it should be ready sometime next week. I was able to find a chat program that I will eventually be able to integrate into the vBulletin forum software. So, that's good news for everyone. :spin:

3) The "About Us" section has been updated to include a few more pictures and profiles. This section will be updated again once I get everyone else's picture taken care of.

4) As some of you may have already noticed, Darth Canuck is no longer on the staff at this site. He was trying to work on our staff and another site's staff at the same time and it just wasn't working out. He is now solely working at the other site and we wish him nothing but the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
gidday

Welcome John ! gidday from Australia and great to see you on the site....
pleased to see the possibility of a chat room and hoping to talk with you all soon

Thommo:aussie:

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Greetings John!

Glad you can join us!...... Do you really know what you got yourself into? :satan: :roflmao: :rotfl: :hurl:

You better have fun or else you'll find yourself floating home!:D

Congrats!

Redleader

New Recruit
Welcome John! I've posted with a lot of poeple on here at some other boards, and they are all great people. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!:angel:

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Who let the dogs out?

Yo John; Don't get discourged too quickly by these Dudes! Hang out with people with distinction like me. I'm articulate, polished and straight forward. OK?
By the way, do you know anything about comics and cards?.....just thought I'd ask.

:evil: :joker: :sob: :toedc:

I hear that we may a Nippon flag for you. Hey Borsk order up!

Just ribbin ya know! Big welcome, we love ya!:love:

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi everybody! I would have responded earlier, but these forums are still new to me.

I'd like to give some more information about me and my collecting. I collect a lot of different things related to Star Wars, but since there's so much, I stick to what I like. I've limited my collection to action figures, trading cards, comics, micro machines, and legos. I get things outside of these areas, whatever's cool, and I also collect anime and manga. With the toys I'm what you could call an 'opener'. If I could afford it, I'd buy two of everything to keep one carded, or boxed, and open the other, but I'm into too many collectibles to do that.

When Talon asked me to do a Trading Card section for this site, I was happy to do so. Looking through the web, there are not many sites devoted to Trading Cards, and I wanted to make a section of my own. This section will be both a resource for those that collect as well as an introduction for the uninitiated. It will feature both checklists and reviews/commentaries of the various sets, and pictures of the choicest cards as well. For now I'll limit it to the domestic sets, but if there's enough people who request it, I'll include foreign sets as well.

I look forward to talking to everybody when the chat room opens.

:D

Coruscant_Jedi

New Recruit
Welcome

I'm new here but welcome. CJ at your sirvice.

Attachments

• avit.gif
    avit.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 336

Talon

New Recruit
Welcome to The Bothan Spy Coruscant_Jedi! We hope you like what you see and continue to visit us. Hope to see you around on the forum.