Unified Site Contest II

Jodo:Kast

New Recruit
FRUSTRATION!

Okay so I have scoured the Yavin 4 (Bothan Spy) site over and over and cannot find another link to another planet for this contest! Is is hidden like not visible or is it hidden like doesnt look like another link cause I have clicked on everything and still nothing! Is the next link even there yet or have they left it off the website just to make us look through it over and over again...this tactic would not make me want to come back to the site! THIS CONTEST IS FRUSTRATING!!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by AmShak
The winner is drawn from the names of the people who are able to complete the game, which dramatically increases the odds of winning over the normal, "send us an email with your name" type of contests.
With a number of sites involved, the "Prize Pool" increases significantly as well making the search for the banners worth the effort.
I think this sums it up. By making the contests a little harder or by making them rely on skill rather than luck, it reduces the number of people that are able to complete the goal and increases the odds that those that DO complete it are able to win the prize.

We have plenty of contests that don't require anything other than an e-mail to AmShak. The odds of winning those contests aren't very high because of the number of entries. Any person that is dedicated enough to complete this particular game has a great chance of walking away with the prize.

This may or may not make you feel better. But the reason for making the game relatively hard to solve is to make the player earn their spot in the selection pool.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The banner i showed above is what you are looking for.
I'm sorry you're having trouble finding it but it is in plain site and has been up since the contest has been going on. In fact, there was one person who found it within an hour of the contest annoucement.
I also think that people should be able to solve the puzzle w/o finding each hidden banner. There are many clues in the story of the game and a little research into the history of the Star Wars Universe should help complete the code.

darkside449

New Recruit
AMSHAK,EACH BANNER TAKES YOU TO A CODE SEQUENCE AND THEN A BRIEFING POINTS TOWARD ANOTHER PLANET OR SYSTEM. I HAVE FOUND ALL THE BANNERS, BUT DOES THE CODE GO IN SEQUENCE WITH THE BRIEFINGS, OR IS IT SCRAMBLED AS WELL. I,M NOT SURE I WORDED THIS RIGHT BECAUSE I,M TRYING NOT TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I,M TALKING ABOUT?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm not exactly sure how to answer that, but there are several clues in the game that suggest an order to the sequence in which you visit the different locations. i think it's safe to assume that must have something to do with the order of the Code.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yes, it will tell you if you are wrong and you can keep entering code variations until you get it right. Although the game shows the code fragments in upper case letters and use "_", it is not case sensative and the "_" may or may not be added.

TechOfficerTodd

New Recruit
Mission Complete

Just a quick word to let the players know that the code sequence form will accept your codes in upper or lower case as well as with or without any underscores. The context in which the code fragments are presented are specific but we wanted to be a little forgiving of punctuation and formatting, etc.

Good luck to you all. Those that are discouraged be advised that there are plenty of players that have submitted their correct codes, so the banners and links are out there! Remember this contest was first and foremost for entertainment purposes, so enjoy yourselves!

You know, even if I don't find my last banners the hunt was a blast! Normally I only bang around on Alltroops.com but now I have found that the unified sites offer me many tools I require for my collecting. In the end I am quite happy to have found The Bothan Spy I just need to figure out how to navigate the forums though. My problem with looking for the banners is that I find something cool and get side tracked. Hey could you make me a new cool R2-D2 avatar? Bleep-Bleep

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, we have 2 r2 avatars available:
r2d22.gif
r2d2.gif

What did you have in mind?

Darth Dug

New Recruit
I just wish I could've found the second Yavin site. I hope the answers get posted somewhere when it's all done - I only couldn't find one banner!