Unified Site Contest II

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
021303.USC.big

«
It has begun ...
«
There's a new contest about to break ground. With the unified and cooperative efforts of TheBothanSpy, AllTroops.com, JundlandWastes, Snowtroopers.ca and TradeFederation.net, users will be playing for an enormous amount of prize bounty, as well as being taken on an adventure through the Star Wars Galaxy!
«
"As an agent for the constituency of the Jedi Order, you have been given a mission of utmost importance. There is a new force in the Universe, a threat to the livelihood of the Republic. Your mission is this: travel throughout the galaxy in search of clues that will help you decipher a code sequence to reveal what, and where, this new threat exists."
«
Game clues are found within the Unified Sites. You will be searching for hidden banners that link to planets involved in the mystery. Each banner link will bring you to an information page that reveals a portion of the code sequence. Once you have successfully discovered the code and entered the code sequence, you will be entered for the grand prize winnings which include a bounty of goodies: SAGA Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase), SP-4 & JN-66 (Library Droids), Tusken Raider (Camp Ambush), SAGA Yoda (Jedi Council) and SAGA Destroyer Droid (Geonosian Arena), Padme, Anakin & Geonosian Warrior 12" Wave, Playskool X-Wing Adventure & Duel with Darth Maul, a 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi Fan Club Exclusive, and a Rare Unreleased Chewbacca (Dejarik Champion) Series 2 Commtech Chip!
«
Click here to get started.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
mmmmmmmm.............2003 figures...........mmmmmm..............must decipher code........................

can we start looking yet?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
you can if you want but I doubt you will find anything. It would be better to wait until tomorrow when you'll find a liitle more out about how to play. There is a certain order that will help in solving the game.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
> The grand prize is the coolest thing ive ever seen.

Yep, but it's mine, so you keep your grubby Ewok paws off it!!

;o)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This is for CoruscantCosta (wicket #1) and Buzz Bumble (wicket #2):

I have grossly underestimated the staggering drawing power of ewoks. In an effort to correct this, I have created a new ewok avatar.

ewok2.gif

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I call it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I will no longer be known as CoruscantCosta: 6 foot ewok

From now on, I am CoruscantCosta: 8 foot ewok!

Also, my signature will no longer be Around the survivors a perimeter create, it shall be (look down)

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I have a question that does not involve ewoks.

Is there one banner for each site? Because if there is, then I have it all. I just have to unscramble it.

I do feel like i am missing something though....

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
There are 7 locations that have bits of the code. There are 5 sites that each represent a different location. This means that we give 2 of them to you w/o any search involved. There is an order to the locations that could help in unscrambling the code. Links to the locations can be found on the map at the bottom of the intro page or on the side bar of the actual location pages. Once you think you have the code, return to the intro page and at the bottom is a link to the 2nd Coruscant page where you can enter the code. If you have the code correct you will advance to the last page.

Gramps

New Recruit
Huh?

I hate contests that just lead in circles. I've clicked every friggin banner and icon on this site and I just keep going from the contest announcement to the forums here. This just sux. Good luck to everyone else I guess I'm more of a Bounty Hunter than a Jedi. I'd rather just blast everything and then ask questions.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
This is what the banner looks like. Once you find the banner, click on it and it will take you to that location's screen. This is just an example and not the actual link.
Each site will have one that reflects their location but you get the idea. I have no idea where the other sites have theirs hidden but the banners should not be hidden in threads in their forums. They could be hidden in the forums, but only in a section of the forum that would not be changed by it's age or by new posts made. My guess would be to look in non-forum areas of the sites.

Attachments

• tbsbanner.gif
    tbsbanner.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 464

orbles

New Recruit
I am lost?

I must admit that I am new in this Confederation of Sites. I was intrigued by the contest and have started looking around for the hidden banner. I am lost. I assume that I just search the sites by going to the different sections (an excelent opportunity to learn what you have to offer) but so far I am having no luck. Is this the gist of the contest or am I missing something....well off to search some more!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
There are many ideas at play in this game, but yes, one of them is to generate traffic from other sites that might not normally occur. Hopefully the players will like what they see and return on their own to explore more of the sites after the banners are found.
The game may seem difficult but it is designed in a way where you do not need to find every banner to solve the puzzle. There are also clues hidden within the game. The winner is drawn from the names of the people who are able to complete the game, which dramatically increases the odds of winning over the normal, "send us an email with your name" type of contests.
With a number of sites involved, the "Prize Pool" increases significantly as well making the search for the banners worth the effort.
The big difference in this game over the 1st Unified Site Contest is there is more of a story to follow and a mystery to solve. A lot of work went into bringing this game to life and I hope that everyone who plays enjoys it and we continue on this path for future Unified Site Games.