TRU Holo Yoda

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have trouble getting this figure today?

i went to my nearest TRU about 10:15 (they open at 10) and i saw a couple of guys walking out with star wars stuff and their yodas. i went inside to find a couple of more people looking at the star wars stuff. i picked up the ARC-170 and my free yoda with no problems. they were holding the yodas at the registers and i didn't even have to ask for it.

since i wanted two of these and they were only allowing one, i went over to the next nearest TRU to find that they don'y open until 11am (i found this odd). i got there sometime between 10:30 and 10:45 and there were a few people waiting to get in. by the time the doord opened, there were probably 25 people waiting. this TRU was not holding the yodas at the registers, instead the decided to dump them into one of those wire bins. needless to say, almost all of them were banged up along the edges. still, not a problem getting one, but it looked like they probably wouldn't last the day. this TRU was stopping people from getting more than one with a single purchase.

after talking with borsk, it seems that his TRU was doing the same thing as the 2nd TRU in my trip.

i just checked the tru.com page for the holo yoda and it shows that it is not available. does anyone know if it was available earlier today?

for the figure, i think it would have looked better if they left the base alone instead of molding it clear.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I went to my TRU between noon and 1. They had all the holo yoda sitting on a shelf next to the rest of the Star Wars stuff. They had about 24 left. They were all in about the same shape. The cards were all warped a bit, but no major damage.

As far as the base goes...it kinda makes sense that it would also be holographic. However, what would make the most sense is if the base was the projector itself rather than the ground.

mynock11

Sith Medic
I thought they were an exclusive midnight madness thing? if not and you have them just sitting around your tru..Can you pick one up for me?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the holo yoda wasn't really available until today (it may have been available in some stores last week). You have to spend $35 or more to get it free. I don't believe you have to spend the $35 on Star Wars stuff.

You might check your TRU.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a picture of the thing...

Attachments

• HolographicYoda.jpg
    HolographicYoda.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 269

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
you don't have a TRU?

this was supposed to be a midnight madness figure but something happened with the production or the distribution..... all of the stores didn't have the figure. so from what i understand they held them for a week (with the exception of the times square tru). today is supposed to be the first day they are available but i think they were leaked early from some stores.

even if stores sell out, i have a feeling that there are more that will follow.

btw, i think it's $25 and not $35

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The back of it reads:

Yoda
(Kashyyyk Transmission)

Jedi Master Yoda, a close friend of the Wookiees,
travels to their homeworld of Kashyyyk to help
personally spearhead the Republic defense of that
planet. While there, the revered Jedi sends
a holographic transmission to the Jedi
Council to discuss recent ominous events.​

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
For those in New Zealand (ie. me), this Holographic Yoda will be on sale only at the Armageddon expo in Wellington (16-17 April) - no idea how many or what price though.

Unfortunately Wellington is way at the other end of the North Island, so I'm not going to that expo and I can't pick any up for you guys. :(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
AmShak said:

Well, since what I bought cost more than $35, I didn't even pay attention to the in-store signs. So, maybe it's been lowered to $25. Everything I've read online has indicated that you have to spend $35.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think it was $35 at Times Square last week, $25 everywhere now.

Got one. Or rather my family in Oregon snagged me one. $25 purchase, one per person, held at the register.

Barada

Saboteur
How about even more frustrating to have at least 4 within a 45 minute drive, but not have the promotion available in your country. :toed:

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
mynock11 said:
Can you pick one up for me?

I didn't catch this the first time through. Are you still asking for this? The issue for me is that, at the moment, I don't have $25 worth of stuff that I need to buy at TRU in order to qualify for another Holo Yoda.

Nightwing

New Recruit
AmShak said:
you don't have a TRU?

I'm doown in glasgow out the moment and went to TRU and bougght dooku and the red guard. THe policy here is, you buy two figures, you get a free yoda.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Yoda Man said:
Not sure, but is it available the whole week?
i would say it's available until they run out.... but just because they may run out of the first batch, there could be more to follow, like we saw with the last silver vader.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
makes no difference to me, just wondering.

i haven't been back to any tru's since sunday, so i have no idea what the availability is in my area.