Toronto Comic/Sci-Fi/Horror/Anime/Gaming Expo

Barada

Saboteur
Easily the biggest convention to run in Canada, the Toronto show combines 5 genres into one super expo. Last year, it pulled in 37,000 visitors, making it the third largest fan convention in all of North America!

The sci-fi expo, and related guests, can be seen here.

It all happens this weekend, from Friday Sept. 1 - Sunday Sept. 3, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. If you live close by the Canadian border, it's definitely worthwhile to come up even for one day.

Only one Star Wars actor this year, but it's a huge one. Making her very first Canadian appearance,

Carrie Fisher.
06fisher.jpg

Also of interest are big names, and cult icons such as:

William Shatner (Captain Kirk - Star Trek)

06shatner.jpg

Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock - Star Trek)
06nimoy.jpg

Billy Boyd (Pippin - LOTR)
06boyd.jpg

James Callis (Baltar - Battlestar Galactica)
06callis.jpg

Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher - ST:TNG)
06mcfadden.jpg

Verne Troyer (Mini Me - Austin Powers)
06troyer.jpg

Alice Cooper!!!
06cooper.jpg

Linda Blair (Regan - The Exorcist)
blair.jpg

Rowdy Roddy Piper
06piper.jpg

Michael Berryman (Pluto - The Hills Have Eyes)
06berryman.jpg

Ben Chapman (Gillman - Creature from the Black Lagoon)
06chapman.jpg

Jim Lee (Batman Artist)

Mike Mignola (Creator of Hellboy)​

Plus literally dozens of others!!!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Man, it'd be a great event to attend! Fabulous to meet Cf of course, but I'd also love to get a Shatner autograph for my brother who is a huge fan.

Barada

Saboteur
Darth Aussie said:
Barada i'm sure you'll be attending this one..;)

Actually, my wife booked us all to go camping this weekend, so I can't possibly get there. :(

I have friends going who say they're taking pics though, so it's not 100% bad.

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Barada said:
Actually, my wife booked us all to go camping this weekend, so I can't possibly get there. :(

I have friends going who say they're taking pics though, so it's not 100% bad.

Barada

Darn, sounds like it would have been a good weekend Ian...ah next time perhaps...

Barada

Saboteur
As it turns out, we caught the tail end of the latest hurricane/tropical storm and it made us cancel the weekend.

I somehow managed to convince Mrs. Barada to take me and Baby Barada to the show on Saturday.

It literally reminded me of CII - but crammed into a tighter area. It was honestly elbow to elbow throughout the whole thing - and that's after you spent 90 minutes in two separate lines just to get into it.

Carrie Fisher had a brutally long line. Roddy Piper also had a very long line. I managed to get pics of both of them thanks to my zoom, but didn't get very close at all. I'll try to get the pics up ASAP. I tried several times to get a pic of Linda Blair, and every time I got her into focus, some clown volunteering at the show would jump in the way and yell out no pics were allowed unless I gave her $10. :mad:

Alice Cooper was not there in the four hours I spent inside waiting, and neither was Verne Troyer. I wasn't interested in any Trek actors other than Shatner and Nimoy, and they weren't there on Saturday anyway. Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) wasn't at her booth in the time I was there, and had a strict 'no flash photography allowed' policy over her booth anyway.

All in all, it cost $50 for the three of us to get in, after 90 minutes of waiting. We were pushed around by the crowd because there was honestly no room to move anywhere. I got some zoomed pics of three actors. Then we left after buying my son a $3 Spiderman comic.

What a waste of time...

Barada

Hi, I was able to attend Fan Expo Canada 2006 this year for the entire weekend and was fortunate enough to meet Carrie Fisher as well as having VIP tickets for all of the Shatner/Nimoy events.

If you'd like to see a detail of the show along with my pictures (unfortunately my zoom was acting up and some got pretty blurry), please feel free to check out page page: http://www.shadowsintheforce.com/Fan Expo Canda 2006.htm