Too many holes in prequels?

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I do think Jabba should have been in ANH for the small snippet, but definitely didn't need to be in TPM

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I thought the Jabba scene in ANH was redundant. Everything said was basically established in the scene with Greedo. I would much rather have seen them put the Toschi station scene with Biggs back in. Also, seeing Jabba before ROTJ kind of lessens his impact and the uniqueness of ROTJ. There is a buildup to finally seeing this "Jabba" guy that we keep hearing about. ROTJ is the payoff.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I do agree in that sense, but I thought the scene sort of showed how much of a bounty there was on Han. Just Greedo who Han killed didn't really say much to me. Then seing Jabba and his cronies added to it. But I do think the CGI Jabbas in the Special edition and DVD both SUCK

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I think the thing that people have trouble with is the fact that Lucas created the PT story around including as many characters from the OT as possible - rather than creating a more logical story that only included relevant characters. I think it's funny that the characters are included as a sentimental thing for the old Star Wars fans, yet Lucas says the PT are for kids.

Don't get me wrong, I think the PT are fine the way they are. I enjoy watching them. It's just that I might do things differently if I were in the position to make them.