Today's Active Threads

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Had some spare time today, so here you go...

In the welcome panel, you'll notice a link for viewing the posts since your last visit. This has always been there. However, since people don't always (or ever) log out of the forums, there is always a period after you visit the forums were you aren't active, yet your profile still is. If someone posts during this time, the next time you visit the board, it will not show up as a new post.

Sorry for the quickly worded explanation. But, now on to the solution...

Right above "View New Posts" is a new link called "View Today's Active Threads". This will perform a search on the forums and bring back all threads that have had new posts in the last day. This will keep people from missing out on anything.

Let me know if you have questions.

Barada

Saboteur
Excellent change Borsk. You know I've mentioned this before ;)

Maybe I shouldn't be so lazy and log in and out like I should have.

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Nice addition Borsk, very much appreciated.

Am I right in guessing that those of us who are cookied automatically log in, but leave a 'ghost' session behind when we leave (by closing the window) that times out after a while?

Should we log out even if using cookies?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The timeout is 10 minutes. So, yes a "ghost session" is still active on the board for 10 minutes. It's up to you whether or not you want to log in/out. Personally, I always log out when I'm done (but that's for other reasons).

Either way, you should be ok since you have some options now.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Cool.

I used that search to find this thread, bizarrely enough, so its had some use already.

Thanks for a great added feature.