TIE Bomber Giveaway Winner

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I don't think so. I think the r2-unit/smuggler you're thinking of has a different last name. We'll probably have to hear him bemoaning the fact that he still hasn't won anything ;)

The question remains, who is this lucky Chris Brown who won the TIE Bomber that was destined to be mine? : )

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Probably some guy that doesnt post, or isnt a member. I know quite a few of the real names around here, and I dont think there are too many people called Chris.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I thought you had to be a registered member to enter (or at least to win, since it is only a "send and email here" competition) - the rule does usually say to put your name in the subject line, so it should be easy enough to check.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
These giveaways are open to anyone and do not require that the winner is a registered member of the forums. Just about all of the other giveaways/contests/games require the winner to be a registered member.
We have two new forum games comming (one probably this week and the other the next) from wookiee cookiee and i think borsk has a game he wants to try. Those games will require membership.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Since nobody seems to know who "Mr Brown" is, why not just set-up a new free email account and claim you are him ... hey, wait, forget I said that. {quickly logs onto Hotmail.com}. ;o)

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Lol......its not that easy Buzz.........it probly needs to match the one that was on the entry email.....unless Amshak is "nice" to us :~)= and believes you. Nice meaning sorta....well.....dumb...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
FYI .....

"Mr. Brown" has already claimed his prize and it does require a matching email address.

In the event that a prize is not claimed which does happen from time to time, either the prize is moved to a different contest or the sponsor supplies a new prize for a different contest.

if you have ever seen us have the same prize for more than one contest/giveaway, this is probably the reason.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Is there ever going to be a contest for habitually failed contestants?

Like, only people who have lost in ten or more contests could enter?

Maybe not a popular idea, but perhaps worth considering?

If there was a contest like this once in a while, then at least someone who had never won before would win?

Just a thought.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
an interesting thought but it would be impossible for me to go back and check the "send us an email" contest, since i get rid of all of that info as soon as a winner is selected.

In the past, there have been times when a forum game was structure so that the person with the best score won something and the person with the worst score also won something. We might try something like that again.

There is also a "plan" for a change to the site that should help those members who contribute on a regular basis have a better chance of winning something. I wish i could say more about this idea, but we're still a ways for actually placing it in actions. I think it is something that anyone like CC, Skellington, solo, boru, yodaman and anyone else i'm leaving out, will like. As for now, i don't see having a "losers" contest because i think this "plan" will come closer to accomplishing what you are asking for.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Originally posted by AmShak
an interesting thought but it would be impossible for me to go back and check the "send us an email" contest, since i get rid of all of that info as soon as a winner is selected.

In the past, there have been times when a forum game was structure so that the person with the best score won something and the person with the worst score also won something. We might try something like that again.

There is also a "plan" for a change to the site that should help those members who contribute on a regular basis have a better chance of winning something. I wish i could say more about this idea, but we're still a ways for actually placing it in actions. I think it is something that anyone like CC, Skellington, solo, boru, yodaman and anyone else i'm leaving out, will like. As for now, i don't see having a "losers" contest because i think this "plan" will come closer to accomplishing what you are asking for.

yay!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'm intrigued. :)

Contests for frequent posters is kind of a mixed bag. As a person who likes to enter (and win) contests, it's always disappointing to visit another forum and not be able to play without "moving in" for a week and posting a bunch of times just to enter.

On the other hand, if the contest is at your home forum, it's a nice incentive for those who do regularly hang out there.

Maybe you have something completely different in mind. Anyway, you've got my attention :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
this is still a little ways off. there are a couple of things that have to happen before we can make it happen.

this will not be some kind of posting competition. I hate those. i doubt that we ever give out any kind of prize for whoever has the most posts.

I think you will like what we have in mind even if you don't win anything. the main point of the idea is not based on contests or giving anything away but that can easily be worked in and will be.... that's just not the motivation behind it.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I think this frequent poster idea should be to prevent people coming in for a week, than possible leaving after the contest finishes.

And yes, with posting competitions you do end up with a ton of useless posts around the forums for people who think htey qualify just as entries and not, Maybe a contest in which you have to resist posting :-p

"...that's just not the motivation behind it"

Sounds interesting :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
When will the contest start?

i'm not sure i understand this question .... if it's about the tie bomber giveaway, it's over .... if it's about the other stuff i was talking about, there's no way to say at this point. it should be in our future, but i am unable to say when that will be.