The Rockstar's Collection - RIP

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
I found this area of the site today and it made me long for the old days. When I was playing in the band, the singer and I would hit every Wal-Mart on the way back home from the gig looking for the new figures. Ahh memories.

As most say - this doesn't come close to the collections a lot of you all had or have. I actually sold my "original" collection (ie toys I grew up with) in college, then built this back up about 5-6 years ago. Sadly, due to divorce I sold about 85% of this years back. I kept some of the more precious things to me, but most of it is either sold or boxed up in the garage.

I have some other better pics I'll scan and put up that show the autograph wall I had, etc.

The highlight of my collection is seen in a couple photos. I had the luck of being interviewed by USA Today for a big story when Ep. 1 came out. I have the article framed (including a horrible photo of me) and it's visible in some of the pics. That article has haunted me for years honestly - I was quoted saying I wept when I saw the Ep1 trailer, which was a HUGE misquote (I actually said "it's not like I was weeping when I saw the trailer, my wife holding me in her arms" but he forgot the "not".

DOH.

Also note that Chewie's getting a lapdance in my cantina. :)

I also am including a funny pic of me with Steve Sansweet where I'm showing off the one SW collectible I have that he doesn't - a tattoo of the SW logo in Japanese. I'm about 50 lbs. lighter now, but still a funny pic. Hope to get an updated on at C4.

ENJOY!
Bret

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 328
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 329
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 329
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 317

Sarasotarockstr

More pics including the article one.

Attachments

• MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 316
  • MVC-014F.JPG
    MVC-014F.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 324
  • MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 305
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 309

Sarasotarockstr

Last group for today, including the Sansweet pic. I will try to find the later photos and get them scanned.

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 326
  • MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-020F.JPG
    MVC-020F.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Sansweet.jpg
    Sansweet.jpg