The real reason Hasbro made Silver Clones

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I have a friend in another state who is an avid SW collector. He has a lot of time and money to spend collecting, although not enough time or organizational skill to enjoy the collection he has, or even really know everything he has. (i.e. he owns three of the expensive Master Replicas Lightsabers, but couldn't remember which three he'd bought)

I don't point this out to ridicule my friend, although we all get a good laugh and a good bit of frustration out of his antics.

I found out the other night that my friend is currently in possession of close to 20 Silver Clone Troopers, so that he could (probably not) open some, keep some, and sell some (because they will be worth money one day--like $50 each). I'm not sure why he believes this, as I told him they wouldn't and gave him the same speech when he aquired 10 or so Silver R2s.

Yes, he is the sole reason Hasbro made the Clone Troopers. At this rate he will buy 40 of the rumored Silver Sandtroopers (apparently the easier a figure is to aquire, the more he buys ;) ) I'm considering having him assassinated.

Does anyone else know a collector that drives them crazy?

Comments?
Opinions?
Expletives?

Barada

Saboteur
I have a friend of mine that is completely anal about the condition of things he buys, and he gets a minimum of three (usually more) of every figure carded, plus at least one to open. He has recently abandoned Star Wars for LOTR, but I know he is sitting on at least 4 each of FF Weequays, Fetts, etc., and that each and every one is as flawless as you're going to get. He doesn't want to collect anymore, but he won't get rid of his stuff either - pretty frustrating to have some of the 'rarest' figures sitting around not being appreciated by their owner, while many people are still in need of just one of those.

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
4 of each of the FF Weequays, Fetts? Gee it would be nice to raid his house.......seriously thats just hoarding and yes would be nice to spread a little around when he's not even into it (SW) anymore.....

sentinal

Hunter
there is a member on my local sw club that has somewhere in the numbers of several hundred clones, not just silver but of any clone ever made. not sure why but we all make fun of him for it. but his display is rather nice looking.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Eh....you're all just jealous you can't afford a literal army of clones for yourselves ;)

That is a lot though. I saw a picture on some site (I don't think it was here) of someones collection. They had a whole legal bookcase full of clones on every self, including the top. Very impressive, especially all the bootleg marching clones.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
darthskelington said:
I'm considering having him assassinated.
Make sure his will leaves them all to you first. ;)

Geez, there's some people out there with more money than sense ... I wish I was one of them. :D
But I'm like the circus elephant: I work for peanuts.

sentinal

Hunter
darthskelington said:
Eh....you're all just jealous you can't afford a literal army of clones for yourselves ;)

That is a lot though. I saw a picture on some site (I don't think it was here) of someones collection. They had a whole legal bookcase full of clones on every self, including the top. Very impressive, especially all the bootleg marching clones.
That sounds like him. Did you see it on rebelscum.com? I think it was featured there once. I'll find a link to his pics when I get home tonight.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Could be. I probably saw when browisng featured links. I saved a pic for reference.

Is this it? I'll pull the pic after a response, as we obviously don't swipe someone's colelction.