The Official Av Workshop...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Right click it and save it onto your puter. Then go to a hosting site like photobucket.com or villagephotos.com... start an account and upload it to your account. They will provide a URL which you can use at the other site. Here it is much simpler. You save it as above and then go to the change av. Then you can upload it directly to this site. It is a very nice service that I probably use a little too often... Sorry Borsk et al...

Now, let's see about finding some stormtroopers...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
You can't use the pics loaded onto this site on other sites as far as I'm aware of... I think I tried it once and got a big red x...

Originally posted by Borsk
Try to avoid linking to image files on this site from another site. I would prefer that you upload the image to the site that you wish to use it on.

I need to go check some other sites to make sure I'm not doing that. Most sites I place this avatar on host it for me to my knowlegde.

I'm not very "smart" about computers and don't want to cause you grief. What does linking to image files here do to TBS? Does it mess with your memory or bog the site down?

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Carl Waterworth

option 2

Attachments

• stormtrooper.gif
    stormtrooper.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 235

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Check your palms for hair and then look again. I posted them incorrectly first so I had to delete and repost...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by chris solo
I need to go check some other sites to make sure I'm not doing that. Most sites I place this avatar on host it for me to my knowlegde.

I'm not very "smart" about computers and don't want to cause you grief. What does linking to image files here do to TBS? Does it mess with your memory or bog the site down?

The best way to handle this is to either upload the image as your avatar on the other forum (like you can do here) or upload it to your own space (many ISPs provide server space as part of their package - or you can do what Zepp suggested).

The practice of linking images from TBS depends on how the image is being used. Linking to one of our images as your avatar on another forum (that gets a lot of traffic) is bad. Linking to one of our images in a post in another forum (which is basically a one-time deal) is a much lesser offense. However, in both cases, the ideal solution is for you to upload whatever you want to use at another site to that other site.

This can become an issue when it comes to keeping accurate logs.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Originally posted by Zepp
You can't use the pics loaded onto this site on other sites as far as I'm aware of... I think I tried it once and got a big red x...
There's a free File Hosting service at MicroTech for things like avatars and auction photos, but I haven't tried it yet.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Sorry about the delay, I was stuck at the MiL's this weekend...

Attachments

• trooper.gif
    trooper.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 256

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Alright, alright, when I get home tonight I'll do that...

I was wondering actually, would you like your name bigger and centered?