Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Jedi Daniel, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Geek Jedi

Anyone have this reference book? If so what did you think. I received it for Xmas :)

2. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I read through a pre-release copy months ago (I'm still waiting for my own copy - which better have been ordered this week otherwise :toed:!).

It is a pretty good book with some nice information and pictures, although light on any detail - like all Dorling Kindersley's Ultimate range of books it isn't really the "ultimate" anything. It's really aimed at kids or as a quick overview and can't possibly cover everything in just that amount of pages.

I've got the complete set of Star Wars Fact Files which has a lot more information in it (excluding Episode III and newer information), but then it is seven ring-binders full. :)

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Geek Jedi

I'm glad some of the EU was covered and I to also have the Star Wars Fact Files, now that's a reference piece to Star Wars if I ever saw it *lol*.

4. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Unfortunately they ended the Fact Files before Episode III and none of the newer EU stuff will be covered. :( They should have kept them going past Episode III and then continued to make annual issues to cover new books / comics / games / etc.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Geek Jedi

Yeah, I don't know why they stopped when they knew Episode 3 was coming up and fans would obviously by the issues. That annual issue idea sounds very good :)